Sponsored by:

Newbie and Leatherique

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:01 PM
mdadmd
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie and Leatherique

I have read a lot about this product on this forum. Is it really that good? Is it a do it yourself job or one a body shop does? I went to the web site and am a little overwhelmed with all the different products. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 AM
seaeagle
Advanced

I have used it. Its straight forward. Massage it in, and I mean massage, stick a plastic cover over the seats and park the car in the sun for 2-3 days, then clean it off with the cleaner.You need to get the car real hot inside so do it in high summer.

Just buy the leatherique replensih oil and the prsitne cleaner.I think they have a starter kit.

IMHO doing a recolour is probaly getting way too serious. But it does nourish the leather. It depends on the leather qulaity, and how hard you want to massage it in. If your leather is hard/cracked it may not be saved. Mine was getting hard, so whilst it did imprve things, and was worth the effort, it did not rectify to as new. It might take a few treatments methinks. But you can bring the leather back pretty well in most other siutauons. And its so inexpensive you have nothing to lose. It will not damage the leather and it will help.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
jjbunn
Racer

I've had very good results with Leatherique. I bought the starter kit, and am still using it. You need a nice hot day to apply it, so that the seats are really hot. Then you keep the car shut and let it cook. I applied to the very badly cracked white leather seats in my Saab (when I had it), and it rejuvenated them. They were pretty far gone, too. On the 964, I'm applying it once every few months as a preventative measure. Prior to using Leatherique I was using Lexol, but with unexciting results.

IMHO it's worth the money.

Quick Reply: Newbie and Leatherique