going to the nurburgring...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:01 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kusee, why didn't you take the turbo?

Did you guys book early?
When Tat told me about the trip, I couldn't get a ferry place due to the easter weekend!

Next time, maybe post an announcement here, I'll be up for it.....
Old 04-09-2007, 06:07 AM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911addict
kusee, why didn't you take the turbo?

Did you guys book early?
When Tat told me about the trip, I couldn't get a ferry place due to the easter weekend!

Next time, maybe post an announcement here, I'll be up for it.....
Hi addict, with hindsight I wish I'd taken the turbo. It would have been great. We'd bought a couple of 944s specifically to use on the Ring - to wreck them wouldn't have been the end of the world. Wrecking the turbo would have been! Not having visited the circuit before I thought it best to have fun in the 944s and not risk binning the turbo.

We're hoping to go again this year and I'll post an announcement when we get our act together. The more the merrier!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:12 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds a wise move to get the experience for the first time before risking your P&J. I'm sure you're a lot more confident now and will be happy to take the T next time.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
boristhebold
1st Gear

My first post on this newly found site.....
I did a 3 day course at the 'ring last August on a motorcycle. Awesome fails to describe it properly. I managed to have a few laps in instructors 997's as a passenger. WOW.
Anyone in that 'not quite sure' stage...get yourself out there before the eurocrats shut it down. The Nurburgring is simply outstanding..
Oh and the course is run by the BMW car club of the Rhine but loads were doing it in Porsche, Ferrari etc etc. Works out at about $1500 or £800 for 3 days sole track use for the course members. A worthwhile intro to the place IMHO.

Quick Reply: going to the nurburgring...