Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, Matt and I have closed the web site for the time being. Please feel free PM either he or I if you are interested in the lenses.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:52 PM
JohnMetro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aeroman
If you wanted a better looking 964 you would have got a black one.

Sorry, could not resist.

HA HA

Yes, I really was lusting after a black one for ages. Unfortunately, down here in Oz, very very limited range available.

The biggest consolation with white, is that I hardly ever need to wash it! Looks clean no matter how much filth I've been through. You must spend half your time in the driveway wet from the pants down, while I'm out enjoying the twisties
Old 03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Not exactly. My car is so fast that dirt cannot settle on it.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
FYI, not all the replacement lenses are created equal. The first set I did in fact order from order from Matt ( http://www.apex-parts.com ) for, if I remember correctly, around $80+shipping. These lenses were v.high quality with a silver reflective backing behind the bulb. I broke one last year and ordered a replacement from http://www.pap-parts.com/products.asp?dept=3260 ($35 for one I think). The replacement arrived but was highly inferior compared to the ones supplied by Matt. The replacement is still in its box and I have put the original amber lenses back on the car.
Sorry to hear that your lenses got damaged. On another side, I'm glad that you were happy with what we supplied you. Often times I wonder why Jay and I do this on the side when our prices are sometimes a little higher, but I think we make up for it by only selling quality parts and what people really need. I consider it more of a service to fellow Porschefiles than a business.

The set we had are sold. I can get more but they are significantly more than they used to be or than I sold this set for.

Matt
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 PM
ronone10
Racer

Matt,

How can I tell the qualty of my lenses? I bought mine online but don't know the company right now. Is their something stamped on the back of the lenses? What markings are on the lenses you sell?

Thanks...

Matt, this helps, thanks...

Last edited by ronone10; 03-16-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Hey Ron - I'm not sure what is stamped on them. I threw them in the mail this afternoon. The ones we sell are made by Dansk. The Dansk are just like the stock but clear. The cheaper ones are thinner / don't way as much. All of the Dansk ones come in a Dansk box with labels on it. Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Also, per the earlier post, the cheaper ones have no reflective backing behind the bulb.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:36 PM
AB-Oz
Instructor

Originally Posted by CWay27
Which lenses are you talking about? If you mean the clear turn signals, one board sponsor (zims) sell's them for 45$. Good quality, I got some last year. See link.
Clear Turn Signals
Sorry about thread tangent...

Can anyone comment on the quality of these Zims at $45? They are out of stock at the moment, and I'm putting off buying some brake parts waiting for them to become available.
Cheers
Adam
Old 03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

Originally Posted by CWay27
Ok keep the orange and the rest of us will stay with clear
Ok, ya talked me into it.

"This item is temporarily out of stock."

Awww... this caused a run on clear lenses.

What next - D90's?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:40 PM
ADRNLN
Advanced

Just bought a set at Zim's... $60 for 4 pieces, both corners. Pretty decent quality and look good. I also installed amber bulbs, and they reflect just fine inside the clear lenses. Really cleans up the look of the front bumper. Unless your car is amber, there's no good reason to add more colors than necessary to detract from the color of the car, right?

Quick Reply: 964 Clear Lenses