Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monday madness

Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday madness

So I'm getting sooooooo ready to drive the car, but I have just a few projects to get done first. I haven't finished the rear seat project but I can install a lap belt for now and accomplish the same thing. In WI, the kids have to be in car seats or boosters until they are 8 yr and 80 lbs. Meg won't use a full seat for a while.

I need to wash/wax the car and full detail the inside. I'm pulling seats out this year to get all the crooks and grannies. The top needs a decent treatment of something- what are you cab owners using for the convertible material?

I did my first detailing for $$ over the weekend, and it went well. Took 3 hrs, but the finished product was a remarkable transformation. Let's just say there are no more stones, weeds, sand, or tomato soup anywhere in the car.

So- what have y'all been up to?

one last little thing- we had to put one of our cats down Saturday, so any of you pet owners say a quick little thanks you to your furry friends for being so loyal and faithful to us all. Goodbye Angel

Last edited by hawk911; 09-27-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Went to check on my other house on Sat (currently in the process of selling it). Was a nice day and would have loved to take the 964 but it was still in the paint shop. Discovered that my fence has blown down so it seems it's going to cost me about £150. I could be really nasty and ignore it - since the buyers are unlikely to see the property again before completion - but I won't. Unless they miss the completion date I want, then I might kick the new fence down myself!

Yesterday spent quite a lot of time cleaning the Supra. But no matter how many coats of wax I put on it, it still didn't turn into the 964.

I'm expecting the 964 to be ready today so am looking forward to collecting it after work. Then I need to plan the interior retrim and getting my air con fixed.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Sorry about your cat Hawk, I have two and one may have to go soon also.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:34 AM
wsybert
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Still havn't done any work on the car this winter... working on another project (Benchrest rifle).
The excessive traveling I have been doing doesn't help either.
Now there will be yard work and other things coming, so I will probably just drive it until the clutch goes, then fix it.
Sorry to hear about the cat Hawk, we had to give ours away recently due to our sons allergies.
Bill
Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished putting a new trans in the car. Rebuilt by Chris Cervelli, it has steel syncros, a 4 clutch Cup Car diff and a few other tricks. This coming weekend is the Zone 2 at VIR!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It was a beautiful top down weekend. To bad I didnt get to do much of it. I pressure washed the house and the mud from under my truck. I started the stucco project on the sides of the house before it gets to hot. I still ended up with a nice sunburn on my face and back! Looks like i will be doing some every nite after work for a week or so to get it done. It feels good to get back to work to rest up!
Geoff use RagTop on the cab. It will make it look great and will repel water like it has been waxed
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you get the RagTop at the major autoparts stores, or do you need to order it from somewhere? I need to do mine as well. I also need to do my boot. Will the RagTop help darken the top a bit as well?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by v8_ranch
Can you get the RagTop at the major autoparts stores, or do you need to order it from somewhere? I need to do mine as well. I also need to do my boot. Will the RagTop help darken the top a bit as well?
I got it at the Pcar dealer. Wasnt any more then mail order. I also saw it at PepBoys I think. It comes with a cleaner and then you seal it. It will darken nicely. I did mine over a year ago and still repels water great.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:06 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Jim.

Thanks. I will see if the locals have it and try it out.

Shane
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

I spent a little time working on my new boat . I picked up a nice used Hurricane H733 / zodiac cz7.
http://www.zodiaccz7.com/

I've been wanting to own a v12 for a long time . Do two v6s on a boat = a v12 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIjxYgpM6Y

Last edited by Indycam; 03-12-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by Indycam
I spent a little time working on my new boat . I picked up a nice used Hurricane H733 / zodiac cz7.
http://www.zodiaccz7.com/

I've been wanting to own a v12 for a long time . Do two v6s on a boat = a v12 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIjxYgpM6Y
Indy, that is a very cool boat. How about some pics? How shallow does it draft? What motors - brand/HP did you get? I can't wait to get my basscat out next week. 70mph+ in a boat is darn near as fun as floggin the 964.

Steve
Attached Images   
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I went to Carolina Motorsports Park last weekend for a DE and it was great. Good weather, fun track, great people...it was great to get out and rip it up. Mid Ohio is coming up April 14-15 and May 12-13.
HERE's some CMP footage. Give it some time to download, it's a large file.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Thanks all for the wishes. It was hard to do, but everything has it's time.

Jim, I'll try to find the Ragtop stuff locally. If I go to the dealership, I'll get sucked into something I don't really need.

BTW- It's good to be back in the swing of Porsche Stuff. I've been frequenting a cold-weather sport called photography and they have a great forum over there also. Lot's to learn and no where near enough time to learn it all.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

"How about some pics? "
Someday when its looking good .

"How shallow does it draft?"
It has a full bow to stern stainless beaching sole , so ....

"What motors - brand/HP did you get? "
Its naked . Its got a bare butt .
I've got a pair of 3cyl 55 commercials that I guess that I will hang for a start .
They should keep me out of the air and maybe trouble .
I could mod them for a bit more hp , or pop for a pair of 150s

When / if you ever get over to san jose or santa cruz , we can go out , if its not to soon , gota fix it up a little . Do you scuba dive ? Silly question for a guy that goes by "deep under vater" !

If you go to this site , look for the orange one with the divers door . Mines like it , but mines gray with blue diag stripes , the console is more forward , and like the one in the photo it has the 50 inch divers door .

http://www.thewarfields.com/Zodiac.htm
Old 03-12-2007, 08:44 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Cool, Indy. I do get out there every so often, so I'll take you up on that some day. I am certified too.

Hawk, sorry about your kitty. I've had to do that a few times with dogs, no fun.

Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monday madness