Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought from "Better Bodies Motorsport"??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:25 AM
BlackWidow964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bought from "Better Bodies Motorsport"??

These guys have paintable headlamp covers that I need for H5's on a 964, but their website states they don't take credit card transactions due to "problems with fraud" - only wire transfer or cashier's check. Smells fishy to me..... Anyone use them? Are they legit or what? Seems consumers have way more at risk with credit card fraud than sellers.....
Old 02-28-2007, 02:47 AM
74carreraturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackWidow964
These guys have paintable headlamp covers that I need for H5's on a 964, but their website states they don't take credit card transactions due to "problems with fraud" - only wire transfer or cashier's check. Smells fishy to me..... Anyone use them? Are they legit or what? Seems consumers have way more at risk with credit card fraud than sellers.....
I remember back when I had my last C2 that people told me to stay far, far away from Better Bodies.... I ended up getting some stuff from MAshaw and one other place that fails my memory now
Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I recently got my 935 mirrors from them. A quick call is all it took. They did take my credit card over the phone for the purchase. This is the only time I have ordered from them and it was a good experience with no issues.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
I recently got my 935 mirrors from them. A quick call is all it took. They did take my credit card over the phone for the purchase. This is the only time I have ordered from them and it was a good experience with no issues.
They let you use a CC?

My only gripe when I bought a tail from them was I had to send them a check. PITA.

The quality of the piece was very good. It took very little prep.
I did not like the "hollow" rear portion of the tail, however, so I did some interior work myself. The factory piece is constructed differently... the other aftermarket folks were the same for this particular tail (Euro RS).
Hope that helps.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

They take CCs for small stuff. I got their 935 mirrors and they took a CC.

I imagine that returns and quality complaints from people who don't know about fiberglass would be a real PITA.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I've got some new headlight covers for a good price, PM me for info.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know nothing about this vendor and they may be perfectly fine, but one reason that I can think of hypothetically for a vendor to not want to take credit cards is that a customer can go to their credit card company to reverse a transaction if they are unhappy with the merchandise and if the CC company sides with the customer. Or maybe this outfit just doesn't want to pay the additional processing fees on CC transactions.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

TR6,

I think RallyJon is spot on. The amount of folks that are unaware of the additional work that has to be done on a FG part to make it fit and look street quality ready has to be huge... so you get these people that think they can buy it, paint it and bolt it on then get a part that requires hours of labor, adding brackets, etc... and then they want to return stuff and use the Credit Card to bail out.

I am having challenges with the project I have with my '83... but I knew that I had to do some work... how much? I was really not aware, but now I know. If my initial expectations were of a bolt-on solution I too would have returned the stuff I ordered.

I have the 935 mirrors from BetterBodies, the front fenders and bumper from GT-Racing... and trying to decide if I switch vendor for the rear qtr-panels and bumper (and get those from Getty or Rennspeed)... these projects required a great level of commitment and patience... ask me how I am finding out...

Originally Posted by RallyJon
They take CCs for small stuff. I got their 935 mirrors and they took a CC.

I imagine that returns and quality complaints from people who don't know about fiberglass would be a real PITA.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I know nothing about this vendor and they may be perfectly fine, but one reason that I can think of hypothetically for a vendor to not want to take credit cards is that a customer can go to their credit card company to reverse a transaction if they are unhappy with the merchandise and if the CC company sides with the customer. Or maybe this outfit just doesn't want to pay the additional processing fees on CC transactions.
Probably all of the above, and I almost didn't do business with them because of it.

The story I got was the same Wachucko and RallyJon already stated. Too many problems with people who don't know what they are buying.
I took a risk... and it came out OK. Almost scared me away.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

One of our local shops uses them all of the time, and I have seen many cars with their products installed. The shop uses them because their fit and finish is both good and consistent. The shop has an account with them, of course.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought from "Better Bodies Motorsport"??