Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goober- you have a PM
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RSA Cage/bar

The safety devices cage is a nice peice, I have one in my rs racecar, and $900 is a steal, I wish I had seen it. Two issues to be aware of, the SD "bolt in" cage/bar requires drilling 25mm holes for welding in nutplates at each of the four main cage locations, and drilling and welding in support plates at the rear wheel wells. Additionally the fitment of the main hoop in the RSA requires boxing in the baseplate (something I found out after getting the full cage from Stable Energies) so this is not a simple bolt in job like the DAS bar, its really a "weld in the baseplates and then bolt it in" deal.

It's still a great deal, just don't want you to be suprised if you were looking for a two hour install...

With the DAS bar I actually notched the corners of the storage bin, and slid it up under the bar, jockied the whole thing into position and bolted everything down, end result is pretty nice looking and I still have the package tray and rollbar.

I'll try and post some picts of both
Old 03-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Cory Jump
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAS bolt in roll bar RSA non sunroof

I have a bolt in DAS bar for a non sunroof RSA or the unlikely non sunroof 993. It was removed from a 93 RSA that had a full custome cage installed in it .

$750.00 firm.
This is located in Oklahoma City but i get to Dallas most every week. I will also be attending club races in Birmingham AL, College Station TX and Road Atlanta in the next 4 weeks if someone wanted to pick it up at one of those events. It can also be shipped via ups but the shipping is not cheap.

Thanks
Cory Jump

I am also looking for a used 964 engine if anyone knows of one available. Either good for rebuild or good used engine or prepped stock class race motor.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Alan G.
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default thanks J, that was what I wanted to Know.

n/m

Originally Posted by J richard
The safety devices cage is a nice peice, I have one in my rs racecar, and $900 is a steal, I wish I had seen it. Two issues to be aware of, the SD "bolt in" cage/bar requires drilling 25mm holes for welding in nutplates at each of the four main cage locations, and drilling and welding in support plates at the rear wheel wells. Additionally the fitment of the main hoop in the RSA requires boxing in the baseplate (something I found out after getting the full cage from Stable Energies) so this is not a simple bolt in job like the DAS bar, its really a "weld in the baseplates and then bolt it in" deal.

It's still a great deal, just don't want you to be suprised if you were looking for a two hour install...

With the DAS bar I actually notched the corners of the storage bin, and slid it up under the bar, jockied the whole thing into position and bolted everything down, end result is pretty nice looking and I still have the package tray and rollbar.

I'll try and post some picts of both

Quick Reply: RSA Roll Bar ?