Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cab top question, headliner. etc. relay socket???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:51 PM
drisin80
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cab top question, headliner. etc. relay socket???

almost finished with replacement of b pillar project--not as bad as i thought, but allignment took a while. i have a question about the headliner. mine was missing when i purchased the vehicle--so i don't know exactly how it is installed. last spring i replaced all of the carpeting, and had the company send me original fabric already sewn for the headliner. this appears to be finished hems on the sides. how does the headliner install??? is it just attached under finish pieces in the front and rear??? any helpful installation tips?? also-- what brand cement has anyone used for recementing the cab top where indicated on the top bows??? i have one other question. while crawling around under the dash-- i saw what pelican calls a relay socket (part #901-612-333-00) hanging down. is this from an old stereo or previous installation??? i just hate to see unconnected stuff. silly questions i know, but figured somebody would know. thanks---tom
Old 02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't bother to recement the top to the bow (in case I had to redo the fix), and it hasn't been a problem.

Doc
Old 02-28-2007, 02:25 PM
flatsixcrazy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
I bought my headliner from worldupholstery in Ca. To install, I simply place the headliner over the bows and cab top in closed position, with the bounded sides running along the length on the top. I cement front and rear 2 inches of the headliner to the cab top using a contact cement I bought at a local hardware store. Good luck. Andy

Quick Reply: cab top question, headliner. etc. relay socket???