Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Jammers...post photos please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Laser Jammers...post photos please!

Thinking about installing a Beltronics Bel Pro RX75 Plus system. Cost is about $1600. They say you can't mount the receiver/jamming block behind the bumper...so what would it look like in plain view?

i have seen the license plate frame versions, I believe they are a different manufacturer.

thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

$1600! I have had a V1 for two years and been saved at least 10 times from a ticket... It cost me about $400 and it's the only upgradeable unit out there I believe. Valentine also sells a remote mount for a bit more, but I believe you could buy 3 of them for $1600..
Old 02-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Bates
Racer

I know it's not cheap, but the fact that it blocks laser, rather than alert you, is hard to ignore. Read about the V1 and upgrades. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure its a jammer? I don't think it actually blocks laser. Its probably a laser shifter. The theory is that the shifter sends some kind of signal back to the laser gun that causes a momentary error reading. Gives you just enough time for you to stand on the brakes and haul it down before the cop sends the next signal. That price is about right for a complete installed stealth system with front and rear sensor/shifters. Passport sells this system too. Personally, I don't know that they are worth the money but each to their own. My brother bought the passport version for his BMW complete with stealth installation. And yes, it was about $1600 total as I recall.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to radarbusters.com you might get better advice from there on jammers
Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Buy a blinder extreme. I have one and its saved me several times. Easy install.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:02 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

I can't help you with the picture, but can offer a bit of advice. Purchase the RX 75 Plus from Beltronics.com and get free installation at any Circuit City. This offer is not available at any other site, radarbusters.com... You must call the Beltronics 800# to purchase.

After purchasing the RX 75 Plus from Radarbusters, and taking it to CC for my "free" install, I realized my mistake and returned it. They promptly refunded my purchase price.

BTW, I'm using a V-1 instead.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

I've got the PhaserII. (Sorry... No pic) I think it was $250. It's a radar and laser detector and jammer. They offer to pay for any ticket that is 15MPH over speed limit or below. Some say jammeres don't work but I have never gotten a ticket. (Knocking on wood!)
Old 02-23-2007, 10:17 AM
JonH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NCporsche
I can't help you with the picture, but can offer a bit of advice. Purchase the RX 75 Plus from Beltronics.com and get free installation at any Circuit City. This offer is not available at any other site, radarbusters.com... You must call the Beltronics 800# to purchase.

After purchasing the RX 75 Plus from Radarbusters, and taking it to CC for my "free" install, I realized my mistake and returned it. They promptly refunded my purchase price.

BTW, I'm using a V-1 instead.

You sure you want Circuit City doing an install on your Porsche? very trusting my friend!

I've heard good things about the blinder extreme, lots of laser here on the freeways in NE Ohio.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Southampton76
Racer

The blinder was a simply plug and play unit. Works very well, simple install. Buy some veil on the number plate and lights for added protection, get a good radar detector and a jammer. You should never get a ticket unless you are doing some stupid speeds or fail to keep your wits about you while driving.

A few months ago I was tagged by a gun, the radar detector had already gone off so I slowed down to, not going very fast anyway, as I came over the hill, there was the cop with the gun, he fired at me and the jammer locked the signal. I turned it off and you could see him reload as I went by, he then hit as I went by from the rear, again, he was blocked. I went by him at legal speed anyway.

But, you could see him have to raise the gun, then reload, took him about 5 secsonds. That's enough time to slow down if you are going too fast.

Mark
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Bates
Racer

Thanks for the advice and help!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:39 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I have tested some 930's and black in color with different laser guns and they were very hard to pick up due to the low profile and angle of the front end. They didnt have any laser jammers on them. I have tested VEIL and it has never worked at far range like 2,500 or 500ft. It can actually ruin your lights. Dont put it on your lic. plate because it will look very dirty and makes it very ugly.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 AM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

I'm interested, in the US, can they take your liscence if you get caught speeding many times?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:51 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

It depends upon the state you are in. Most have a "points" system. You get points for moving violations; speeding, rolling stop sign, etc. Too many points and you loose your license.

You can also loose it in one go for "excessive" speeding. Somewhere around 30mph over the limit, I think.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

They also have different "grades" of tickets.. At least in MD & VA. For instance if you are doing 1 - 19 MPH over the speed limit you just receive a ticket for speeding. Anything over 20MPH and you get a Reckless Driving ticket. IIRC... Points are assessed in steps depending on how fast you are going. Sometimes the judge will reduce the ticket. I got a ticket years ago when driving my Brother-In-Law's truck. I think it was for 15 MPH over the limit. He had big tires on the truck and I didn't drive it that often. The cop was nice enough to tell me that if I had the truck calibrated and the speedo was a certain percentage off that the judge would reduce the ticket to "Defective Equipment" which carries a lot less points as well as less of a fine. I think I got off with 2 points and a $50 fine.

I'm not sure how fast you have to be going in order to Go Directly To Jail... Do not pass GO and Do Not collect $200.

Quick Reply: Laser Jammers...post photos please!