964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Jammers...post photos please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CraigyB
I'm interested, in the US, can they take your liscence if you get caught speeding many times?

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html

The states are a patchwork quilt of traffic laws, and they all attach varying degrees of severity to a given offense. At some point, say 25 mph over, the infraction crosses into "negligent" or "reckless" driving. But as Rick says, they all have a threshold where you go from "you've been a bad boy" to "you're not gonna sleep at home tonight". In California, that point is 100 mph I believe, and they advertise it. This info is not as easy to find in other states, some have good publications and websites, some don't.

The best backup plan is to always have the number of a good traffic attorney.
They always seem to be able to make a bad situation better, well worth the cost.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:09 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound impossible, but I'm telling you, I've developed a keen sense of perception when it comes to locating Cops using my own "Spidey Sense." Some will say it's because I know the roads I drive on (you Anti-Mimsy types) but there are too many Interstate Highway experiences where I slow down just in time - BASED UPON FEEL ALONE... I encourage you to try it. I suggest backing yourself up with Radar before you attempt such things. You have to learn to IDENTIFY THE FEELING first before you can trust the feeling... I run with Radar detection too, but it usually goes off AFTER I DO.

Beware, you have to be smart also. When I'm really pushing it, I have certain rules that I go by. 1. I don't speed in the fast lane if I can help it. 2. I speed the most when I'm moving through a pack of cars. Then when I reach the front of the pack, I slow down a bit while I'm alone before I get to the next pack of cars. You are less likely to be stopped in a pack. 3. I don't speed on Holiday Weekends - EVER. Cops are out for blood on those days. Usually the weekend after a holiday weekends are ripe for fast driving. 4. I always look in my mirror when I pass an entrance ramp or rest stop. 5. If I'm ever stopped, and I have been, I've gotten out of the majority of the tickets by being 100% honest with the Cop as to the speed I was going. I also behave forthright by pulling over before he's turned his lights on me. I've gotten out of at least ONE DOZEN tickets by showing Cops respect. Trust me, if you give a Cop 100% power to decide your fate right then and there, he's likely to appreciate the honesty and forthrightness. Cops deal with Liers all day long. It's just refreshing to them and they don't even realize it...
Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 AM
P-Car944
Banned

The force is strong with this one...I must train him^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-27-2007, 04:53 AM
964Patrick
Instructor

Originally Posted by P-Car944
The force is strong with this one...I must train him^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
SSpray
Advanced

In my 300c SRT8 I have a 8500 (upgradeable) with the ZR3 laser "shifters". All ties together and gives me readings on my 8500.

I have a 3 head set up (two in the front - one in the rear)...

I am thinking about trying the laser park-pro on my 911 though, because the radar detector I have in my 911 will not integrate with any laser jammer anyway, the way my 8500 does.

And I believe on our 911's we do not really need two heads on the front, like larger cars do.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
SSpray
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bearclaw

The best backup plan is to always have the number of a good traffic attorney.
They always seem to be able to make a bad situation better, well worth the cost.

I will 2nd that!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
SSpray
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bates
Thinking about installing a Beltronics Bel Pro RX75 Plus system. Cost is about $1600. They say you can't mount the receiver/jamming block behind the bumper...so what would it look like in plain view?

i have seen the license plate frame versions, I believe they are a different manufacturer.

thanks.

Here is how I have my rear one mounted, on another one of my cars.

Does not require a full license plate frame.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Kicking around the idea of a detector and/or jammer for my "new" Turbo. Even if the jammer works properly and prevents the cop from recording my actual speed, can't he just "make something up"? He'll probably see me coming and then see my front end dive when I hammer the brakes---couldn't he just "guesstimate" how fast I was going and pull me over? I know, probably the paranoia of a conspiracy theorist, but what do you guys think?
Mike
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 PM
P-Car944
Banned

SSpray.....

The ZR3 rear head is not enough to protect your lic. plate. A LED jammer head is too weak to work by its self. I have tested 2 small sedans and they both had the ZR3 and 1 head in the rear just like your placement. It was instant punch thru with ease and the ZR3 did not protect. You need a more powerful Diode jammer and not a LED jammer.

K964......

As the LEO looks thru the scope of the LIDAR gun he will not be able to determine the distance you are at and will not be able to see your front end dive when braking. At 1,600 your headlights blend together looking thru a police laser gun.

Quick Reply: Laser Jammers...post photos please!