Sponsored by:

Accessory power stays on w/out key

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory power stays on w/out key

OK. This problem just started a couple of weeks ago. It was sort of intermittant and now it's pretty consistant. I'm wondering if it's the switch or hopefuly just a relay that requires replacement.

SYMPTOMS:
- remove key from ignition and stereo power and power windows remain live. Parking the car for 2 weeks delivered to me a nearly flat battery. Never had a problem with starting until this strange system.

I tried a lot of search terms but did not find anything. Maybe with a wiring diagram I can diagnose this.

Which brings me too..... what is THE BEST manual to purchase for working on the 964 (and the 993 for that matter)?

THX!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 611 Likes on 467 Posts

This has come up before on the forum since I think I remember reading about it... if your door contact switches do not work, the relay will remain energized. If the door switches worked properly, when you open your door, the dome lights will come on, and the relay will no longer be energized.

First thing to check is that your door contact switches are working properly - they turn on and off the interior lights when opening and shutting the doors.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:54 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. I'll check that since I am having some odd problems with the door switches. If I have the healiner lights possitioned in a certain way the door open chime rings indefinatly even though the door is closed. But the odd thing is.. but I'll have to verify this.. if I have the lights on (ding ding ding) and close the door it shuts up. Good place for me to start looking though. Both of my cars have some weirdness in the dome lights. Lights are totally non-op in the 964 even though I replaced the lamps and they only come on 1/2 bright in the 993. Must be something about me and electricals..

Quick Reply: Accessory power stays on w/out key