OBC Control arm

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:51 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default OBC Control arm

Hi all,

After looking for almost 6 months for an OBC tacho with Km. and litres I finally found one on the OZ eBay site. Now I'm looking for the steering column control switch for it.

Does any one know if I can add the control arm and wiring etc. from another set of controld and add it to my control arm housing. There is an assembly on eBay with the OBC but no cruise control and mine has cruise control and no OBC. Can I cobble together the necessary out of these two sets??

Alternatively does anyone have one for sale??

Thanks,

Neil
Old 01-16-2007, 04:34 AM
IanR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the OBC control arm can be moved on to another steering column switch - I did exactly this. It's attached to the main switch with a couple of screws and has it's own cable and connector, just undo it and attach to your existing switch. You'll probably need to modify the steering column shroud to make a cutout for the OBC switch - about 5 mins with a small hacksaw.

Fitting the OBC tach will mean taking the steering wheel off, as the tach is too deep to install with the wheel in place.

Cheers
Ian
Old 01-16-2007, 06:53 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Fantastic.... thanks for the speedy reply Ian. Now to win the eBay auction at a reasonable price!!

Regards,

Neil

Quick Reply: OBC Control arm