Sponsored by:

aero mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:50 AM
dsmyth
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aero mirror question

Can anyone help , The new "used" aero mirrors I just recieved for my 91 c2 have a white plastic pin /clip inside with no exposed wires. My current flags seem to be wired without a connector of any sort. Am I missing something for connection.? Can I buy the plugs and then just splice the wires per search articles? Any help appreciated. Thanks Doug
Old 01-14-2007, 11:56 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up using some connectors from Radio Shack...The wires are not the same color on the aero mirros compared to the flags, but there are the same amount of wires. Do a search for the proper splicing.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Danz C4
Instructor

I bought the correct connectors and pins from Sunset Porsche. Look at the PET, page 380, items 25, 26 and 27. Talk to Eric. http://www.sunsetimports.com/go/pinqry/

Danz C4
Old 01-15-2007, 05:47 AM
Superunknown
Racer

I had this dilema. The connectors and pins were too expensive for what you actually get so I ended up pulling the white plug in the underside of the aero mirrors through which exposes the wires. Cut the plug off and then just connect the wires from the mirror to the wires that come out of the car. Just need to match the colours up then.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:44 PM
blackmoney911
Track Day

Be carefull! I just did the job and the colors of the wires DO NOT match! I pulled the pins from the plug and connected each wire induvidually.

Tip:

First find out heating wires and connect them (on Flag mirror they are bigger in size) brown & green/grey in my case
Then find out and connect common ground for the positioning motors (red/white on aero mirror)
Then find out up/down and left/right wires - they are different on LH and RH side too.

To figure out the correct wires I just kept Ignition key to position 1 and cut off one of the remaining wires. What function remains? So I found out which ones are left/right and which one is up/down.
Not the engineer's solution but fast.

What sort of connection you use is up to you...

Good luck dsmyth
Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

cut off one of the remaining wires. What function remains?
That must be the temp sensor which is only available with the computer option.

Quick Reply: aero mirror question