Sponsored by:

OT: Got My First Rolodex!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 PM
108.5dba-static
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
girlracer - did you get one of the coveted "Green" ones? I noticed that you went with the mechanical version - good thing because the battery operated models have no collector value at all. Now that you've started collecting, watch <cough-cough> for buying opportunities on the very rare "bubbleback" models from the 50's.

Bull - you're making progress. From hot laps to hot rubber to hot lips .. good for you. Let me know before your web site becomes NSFW though.
The one to get is from Paul Newman's Daytona office . Failing that one from any Prince but it must have flaired sides or steal one from COMEX with a heavy duty case.

Great post by the way and it took me more than a couple of minutes to get the joke.

Andy - ( a little slow today!)
Old 11-27-2006, 02:49 PM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

My biggest concern is accuracy. Now, I realise that owning a Rolodex is all about image and investment, but what is the use of having such a piece if after one month you flick a whole letter past the correct place you need. For all of the hand crafted skills involved, wouldn't a digital one be better
Old 11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this post! I was kind of rolling my eyes at the original post where guys were talking about their Rolex's. Really kind of reinforces the unfair stereotype that people have about Porsche owners. Hell, I'm doing good to afford just a cheap watch after spending all my money on my cars! (For the record, I don't even wear a watch...)
Old 11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well TR6, I don't care what you say, I'm just so proud of my Rolex. I got it on Canal Street in NY for a great price. People are just amazed when they look at it. Many just shake their heads and are speechless!
Attached Images  
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Well TR6, I don't care what you say, I'm just so proud of my Rolex. I got it on Canal Street in NY for a great price. People are just amazed when they look at it. Many just shake their heads and are speechless!
I'm telling you Larry, get the proper Twist-O-Flex band on that baby and you will have a real collector model!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Originally Posted by SimonExtreme
My biggest concern is accuracy. Now, I realise that owning a Rolodex is all about image and investment, but what is the use of having such a piece if after one month you flick a whole letter past the correct place you need. For all of the hand crafted skills involved, wouldn't a digital one be better

There is a company out there call Timodex. All digital and very affordable. I've even heard they flick to the proper letter more accurately than a Rolodex.

"They take a lickin', and keep on flickin' "
Old 11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I asked my brother to bring me back a Rolex on his trip to China and this is what I get
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2006, 02:44 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

Been on a waiting list for a year, and got the call today! I love it!
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2006, 03:18 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice.... A good laugh on insomnia night.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
I asked my brother to bring me back a Rolex on his trip to China and this is what I get
What does the hand do on the watch do?

I'm a watch nut but like the p-car I'll wait until I can afford a 2K-15K watch. And I thought it was a bit much posting it. But to each his own. His watch costs more than some cars on here.
I've got an itch for the Timex etide watch. It looks pretty sweet and it's only a third of the cost of a short shift kit. Or around the price of a porter cable random orbital.
Geez I've been thinking, hopefully we'll sell our house in Tucson for twice the price of a used CGT. Then maybe we can afford a home in CA for about a CGT and a GT3 put together. Damn, that's way over 1000 Advan Neovas. I hope I get a bonus of around ten PSS9 set ups....I think the Lunesta and the SKY is kicking in. Fark it's a elefant..sadeqwafgvdsfag.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone have a photo of themself wearing their Rolodex watch in front of their porsche?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eharrison
What does the hand do
The hand waves up and down. Its one of the best watches I ever had. It only gains 10 minutes or so a day which is great as I set it in the morning before work and get to go home early every day
Old 11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
cmoss

Originally Posted by mooty
cheap shot.

though it did take me over a year to find my rolodex, seriously. everyone else seem to have this thing called PDA. i like my rolodex, abacus and thermal paper fax machine.
^^ ditto that

Quick Reply: OT: Got My First Rolodex!