Sponsored by:

Texas Rennlisters

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Texas Rennlisters

I had the good fortune today to meet up with Greg H. (TR6) after he PM'd me last week and let me know he'd be down here in my neck of the woods this weekend visiting his son in college and his parents who live in Wimberley in the Texas hill country. Since I live in Austin (about 25 minutes from Wimberley) we decided to meet up in Wimberley and have lunch, check out each others cars and talk cars before he and his lovely wife headed back to Dallas. I must say it was really neat to meet up with another 964 owning Rennlister. We had no shortage of things to talk about for sure! We might have even convinced his dad to join the club.

Anyway, great to meet you in person Greg as well as your wife and parents. Of course I was also glad to meet your beautiful RSA too!

Here's a few pics:

Steve
Attached Images    
Old 11-19-2006, 07:42 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see a fellow Porsche owner take the time to say something nice about a moment in time like this with another member. That's what it is all about. Good looking 964's. I spent 2 years in dallas with my 993 and enjoyed the sunny days there. pain in the rear keeping the car clean with the wind and dust all the time but I really enjoyed the attention I got when I went to resturants that valeted.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
girlracer
Intermediate

Hi Steve,

I'm in Austin also - why wasn't I invited?! Actually, I am just researching 964s right now with a view to replacing my 987S with one. Do you have any interest in helping a future 964 owner in her search?

Beautiful car btw. I want a black one too.

Wow - I've been lurking a long time. 1st post and I joined in Jan 2005!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a 987S and you want to replace it with a 964???
How come, may I ask?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by girlracer
Hi Steve,

I'm in Austin also - why wasn't I invited?! Actually, I am just researching 964s right now with a view to replacing my 987S with one. Do you have any interest in helping a future 964 owner in her search?

Beautiful car btw. I want a black one too.

Wow - I've been lurking a long time. 1st post and I joined in Jan 2005!

I'd be glad to help you. Just let me know what you need. Had I known you were around, we would have certainly invited you to join in.

How about some pics of your 987S???

Steve
Old 11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
girlracer
Intermediate

Bearclaw - I'm selling the 987S to fund my new business venture, but I want a fun to drive, non-depreciating car to replace it. I'm not the type of person who would be happy in a boring car for very long! So after a lot of research, I've narrowed it down to a 964.

Steve - thanks! All I know right now is it's got to be a coupe and it's got to be black or thereabouts. Where did you find yours? How long have you had it? PM me if you prefer.

Boxy pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/southof...7594368439859/

I'm gonna miss her!!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

It's great to see some RLers meeting in person. Nice looking cars too.
girlracer-hello and nice Boxster. Lurking for almost 2 years!!??? You probably know more about 964s than we do by now. Good luck in your search and take your time to find a nice example. The 964 crew here is very knowledgeable and willing to help so don't hesitate to ask questions.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
girlracer
Intermediate

Thanks Chris! Yeah, I was surprised by my length of lurking! I guess I registered when I was waiting for my Boxster (3 months - special ordered Slate Grey...)
Old 11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by girlracer
Bearclaw - I'm selling the 987S to fund my new business venture, but I want a fun to drive, non-depreciating car to replace it. I'm not the type of person who would be happy in a boring car for very long! So after a lot of research, I've narrowed it down to a 964.

Steve - thanks! All I know right now is it's got to be a coupe and it's got to be black or thereabouts. Where did you find yours? How long have you had it? PM me if you prefer.

Boxy pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/southof...7594368439859/

I'm gonna miss her!!
Girlracer, I got very, very lucky and found my car locally early this year. Not long after I started looking (and I was looking for a 964 Targa which are pretty rare compared to the other models) one showed up in the local paper. I called the first day it was listed and bought it after a PPI and was fortunate to pick up a 44k mile cream puff. I haven't seen a single 964 listed for sale in Austin since.

So, you'll probaly need to keep an eye out on in the usual spots, Auto Trader, Panorama, etc... and be prepared to deal long distance.

If you can find one fairly nearby, I'll be glad to take a look and tell you what I think, but I'd advise you to spend $300 - $400 on a PPI with compression test and leakdown as well.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see anything that fits your criteria. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Welcome!

Steve
Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
girlracer
Intermediate

Thanks Steve, I have PM'd you.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:06 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Steve! We made it home in one piece! Thanks again for coming down to Wimberly to meet us. We really enjoyed meeting you and your family. It was great seeing two 964's together in the little town square in the heart of the hill country. You have a beautiful car! I really am impressed with how pristine it is. Love the black! And those tail lights... I'm still envious (notice how deeply they shine!).

We only had one <ahem> close call with a patrol on the way home. The Passport gave a warning just before I saw him on the other side of the interstate heading the opposite way. He came across the median in a cloud of dust and the lights were blazing. I don't know why he was so excited. Must have been a false reading on his radar or something. For the record, I wasn't speeding or anything. Anyway, he gave up the chase and turned off his lights and we kept on going. Guess he decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Lets get together again soon. Maybe you guys can come up to our neck of the woods. There are some great twisty roads north of Denton. And all you other 964's in Texas are invited too!

Here's a few shots we took today...
Attached Images      
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
CraigC
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a 964 widebody on the Rennlist classifieds. It looks mint and the price reflects it but its a beautiful car if you have the $. Also at http://www.funktionauto.com/carsfors..._964_black.asp
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM
girlracer
Intermediate

That's a beautiful car Craig, unfortunately my budget is nearer $20-$25k! If anyone sees something suitable for me please PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
boze_man
Pro

Steve/Greg

cars look great, just not sure 'bout the drivers though...

hope ya both had a good turkey day....

later
Bill
Old 11-25-2006, 06:12 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boze_man
cars look great, just not sure 'bout the drivers though...
The cars are definitely the most attractive aspect of the photos! Had a great Thanksgiving, thanks!

Yesterday, I went out to the new Eagle's Canyon racetrack northwest of Dallas/Ft Worth with some Porsche guys here. We had a good time. They have paved the track and we did a few laps around it in my F250 crewcab and another guy's crew cab truck. Probably the one and only time I will ever be able to say that I've run my truck at the race track! It looks like its going to be a very challenging track with some good elevation changes. Check out the aerial photo on the first page of this thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=43271

Quick Reply: Texas Rennlisters