Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   Scantool Diagnostic 19 pin Plug (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/308766-scantool-diagnostic-19-pin-plug.html)

Reformed 06-28-2007 07:07 AM

Am I to late to be In with this one and get an order in or have I missed the boat? (Im in the UK)

bawmnot 06-28-2007 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bluey964
Yup - thought I would offer services to make it easier - figured between the pair of us could easily sort out the UK side of things.

Hi bluey964,
I am one of the UK guys looking forward to the plug order - did you sort out dispatch of these yet?
Cheers
Andrew

Bluey964 06-28-2007 07:53 AM

In end Kevin who is making them has just sent through to me the plugs for myself and Warmfuzzies as we live close and see each other regularly. I think he is sending the rest of the plugs independently to all the other UK people.

mojorizing 06-28-2007 09:27 AM

Reformed, send me your address. Plug and shipping to UK is running less than $35.

PM sent to bwamnot

maurice97C2S 07-04-2007 07:04 AM

My plugs arrived this morning ..

Shock, Horror .. !! I opened the box, there are two assembled plugs with leads in there !! I was expecting bare shell plugs, so to say I am overwhelmed is putting it mildly ..

Kevin, GREAT JOB !! You have the gratitude of all at Porsche Club GB !! Well, maybe all the 964 and 993 people ..

Better get onto the circuit boards ... where's that soldering iron .. ;)

cheers, and thanks again, Maurice :cheers:

adamfogerty 07-05-2007 04:30 AM

Agreed - Recieved my connector the other day and am very impressed with the quality - Many thanks. Super quick delivery as well, even across the atlantic.

Now i just need to get my hands on one of the circuit boards...

david@st ives 07-05-2007 04:32 AM

mojo

have you got any more for sale ?

Millemiglia 07-05-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by yellowducman
I don't know the amount of time and effort that was put into it but it was worth every cent I paid. I give this plug 2 thumbs up.

Ritchie.

+ 1 :thumbsup:

Super finish, super fast delivery! :rockon:

Computamedic 07-05-2007 09:52 AM

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I now have the 2 plugs which were sent to Maurice for PCGB and am proposing to build the "kits" over the next few days. I have one small (!!) problem in that my laptop doesn't have a serial port and I understand that there are some limitations as to which USB/Serail adapters will work. As I understand it the 964 uses 8800 baud connections and this isn't supported by many of the USB/Serial adapters.

Can anyone offer any advice re the USB/Serial adapter - any you have found to work?? Also, can someone point me in the direction of where to download the relevant Scantool software. I see there is a version 1.1.3 available from www.scantool.net - is this the one to use??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Gregg-K 07-05-2007 11:00 AM

Dave,

Don't bother with the USB converters ... they can be a real problem. Instead, use a PCMCIA (PC Card) converter.

I use one I got from an eBay seller in Asia, and it works very well ... at least with my interface design. It should work fine with the other designs too.

.. Gregg

IanR 07-05-2007 11:43 AM

Dave,

Doug's first post in this thread has a link to the scantool4.zip download. There's quite a bit of info in the thread about getting it working as well.

I've been using a PCMCIA RS232 interface on my laptop, specifically this one from Maplin.

Cheers
Ian

Originally Posted by Computamedic
Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I now have the 2 plugs which were sent to Maurice for PCGB and am proposing to build the "kits" over the next few days. I have one small (!!) problem in that my laptop doesn't have a serial port and I understand that there are some limitations as to which USB/Serail adapters will work. As I understand it the 964 uses 8800 baud connections and this isn't supported by many of the USB/Serial adapters.

Can anyone offer any advice re the USB/Serial adapter - any you have found to work?? Also, can someone point me in the direction of where to download the relevant Scantool software. I see there is a version 1.1.3 available from www.scantool.net - is this the one to use??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

dcbailey 07-05-2007 12:07 PM

Thanks Mojorizing, got my plug earlier this week and got it working yesterday on the 4th. Very high quality and workmanship. Makes it so much easier to plug the in, instead of trying to do each individual pin.

My hat's off to you.

mojorizing 07-05-2007 01:20 PM

Thanks for the compliments on the plug's finish.

I have a work related commitment starting next week when I won't have a lot of time to devote to making more plugs. This commitment is for 2 months after which I'll be making more plugs. However, I'll be selling the last 7 plugs of this batch to RicardoD for his scantool project. Also, there are a few people in the works who will be sent plugs either today or tomorrow.

Later, Kevin

911URGE 07-06-2007 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by dcbailey
Thanks Mojorizing, got my plug earlier this week and got it working yesterday on the 4th. Very high quality and workmanship. Makes it so much easier to plug the in, instead of trying to do each individual pin.

My hat's off to you.

+1000

Got mine today and had it working this evening. Thanks again for taking the time to make this plug for the community. :bowdown:

RicardoD 07-06-2007 03:08 AM

The 7 plugs Mojorizing is generously offering me will be available later on as part of finished "plug-n-play" scantool assemblies. So they will still end up in Rennlisters hands but as part of a larger group buy package for the guys who don't want to do the hardcore DiY soldering and enclosure work.