Cold Air Intake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Tinwan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake Kit

Hi all,
How makes the best quality and most complete bolt on COLD AIR INTAKE KIT for a standard 3.6 engine without any other mods - any help appreciated.
Cheers, Mark
Old 10-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that is what the stock snorkel did? Pulls from near the spoiler. Thinking about it I guess its not as close as it could be to the vents and there is roomf or improvement.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tinwan... I think K&N is generally regarded as the best kit though I'm sure there are others. I have one on mine. If it's just cold air you are after than the stock system should be okay. If you are looking for increased airflow then K&N is probably what you want. It certainly sounds great when you stomp on the pedal!

Before switching you may want to read some of the threads posted here. There seems to be some debate about K&N letting more grit into the intake, therefore into the cylinders. There is also the worry about over-oiling the filter and gumming up your AFM. I've been considering switching back to the stock airbox and filter.

You should be able to pick up a K&N cold air intake kit for under $300. I think I saw one advertised in one of the Porsche mags for $249 USD.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Kit