colo964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have nearly enough oil in your intake
Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well... I got it all back together and fired it up. It has a most steady idle now... Better than it ever has been! I looked at the gauges and I noticed that my antilock warning light was on! So I decide to pull it out in the driveway and let it idle for a few minutes before I take it out for an hour or so. When I hit the throttle it would start to rev and then die! No certain RPM... Just anywhere and everywhere! I can lightly hit the throttle and it will gradually start to work its way up but then it starts to cough and sputter. ;(

The only thing I can think of is that I must have pulled a connector a little loose over on the left side when i was working. I checked it out before reassembly and everything looked okay. Either that or I pinched a vacuum line somewhere.

Anyone have any bright ideas? I need a "Lightbulb Moment" here!

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you checked the electrical connection on the back side of the AFM? I once left it disconnected and had exactly this type of running problem. Took me two weeks and plenty of support from here to figure out my bone headed mistake!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave... I just got back a little while ago from driving it. It was driving me crazy but I figured I'd let it go for the evening. I needed to get the loaner interface finished up to send out so I figured I would try it on the car. When I saw the weird voltage from ScanTool... I remembered that I still needed to plug in the AFM.

You hit it right on the head!

I noticed that I have (it seems like) twice the torque in the lower RPM bands since cleaning the intake! This seems to have accentuated the slight lull in throttle response. Now when I mash the throttle there is a slight hesitation and then it snaps your head back... I haven't had a chance to check for codes yet since I returned. I'll be putting in a lot of hours in the next few days. I may be able to get to it on Sunday.

It's always something isn't it?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Great news, Rick! Gotta love it when a DIY makes a difference and puts that Porsche smile on your face.

Cheers,
Dave

Quick Reply: Intake Question