Sponsored by:

Cayman comes tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 06:45 AM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman comes tomorrow!

Ok...calm down, it's only the one I've hired for my girlfriend so we'll be giving it back on Monday. But I thought I'd share my excitement with you all! Hopefully good weather and can't wait. Will get some good pics hopefully and will give full feedback on comparison with the old beast (that's the 964, not the girlfriend ) next week.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you excited? SHE gets to drive it this weekend - not you!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Let us know. I recently drove a new Boxster while the 996TT was in service. It was a sweet ride. Nice handling, great exhaust note, very good interior, etc. I was very impress with the changes. I am guessing that the Cayman should be even sweeter with that rigid body.

But I have to be honest... after I got the 996TT I am even more appreciative of the 964. The driver involvement in the 964 makes it fun car to drive, and my favorite driver of the two.

Would be nice to get your feedback on how they compare as I felt the feel of the Boxster was closer to what the 964 provides. I am still not happy with the engine and tranny as far as not being tied back to the Porsche racing heritage like the 911TT/GT3/GT2 but that aside, it felt good.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:16 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
But I have to be honest... after I got the 996TT I am even more appreciative of the 964. The driver involvement in the 964 makes it fun car to drive, and my favorite driver of the two.
Darn Jaime i was just trying to talk myself into getting a TT or a Viper to play with. There is a sweet Viper for sale up the street from me
Old 10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Why are you excited? SHE gets to drive it this weekend - not you!
- Dave, you are so right. I'll barely bother to be a passenger, it's purely her gift and the feedback I pass to you will be a translation from her own experiences. I don't even like Porsches
Old 10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, come, come....who exactly is this present for? Why do I get the feeling that Kusee's GF doesn't know the difference between a Porsche and a potato?! :P

(Have fun tomorrow Kusee!)
Old 10-13-2006, 05:35 PM
northfire
Advanced

Not trying to hijack your post but.........
Had the privaledge to take a Cayman S for a rip 3 months ago. Pretty cool. Suprisingly quick. Especially when down shifting on the highway.Nice rear wheel well bulges in the mirrors. this is definatley NOT anything like a Boxster. Totally differnt feel. Don't like all the driver assist stuff though. I like my old school 964.

Quick Reply: Cayman comes tomorrow!