Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My baby boy loves porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered the belt from seatbelt pro's website. My son loves the car, and I got the seat in fairly good, but the bottom was just a little loose. I couldn't forgive myself if he got he got hurt because the seat was a little loose, no matter how much he loves it. He is 20 months, and doesn't want to go in mom's car anymore, ever since the his seat got put in.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Oh, yeah, and when it's time to get the child seat out of the car, I snake my hand down the out-side of the car seat and press the release on the buckle. I can then remove the seat and the might-tite from the loose end.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

If you want to install the top anchor tether Bates did a nice DIY thread here .
Old 10-03-2006, 05:32 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a opposite story... At the sound of my car starting or the alarm beep, Thelma here runs and hides... Absolutely must be 'ordered' to get in it. Absolutely loves riding the boats, truck, golf cart... But not the Porsche! I dunno whether it's too loud, too many vibrations under her butt or what... No, I don't torture her to wear the Doggles
Old 10-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dfinnegan...those belts are WAY better looking than the boring ones i bought, and a few dollars less.

FYI: save yourselves an hour of cursing, cinch the lap belt & mighty-tite before cinching the top/third anchor belt. Reversing this process caused my seat to kick out so the mighty-tite, though tite, left the car seat loose.

Here's an idea, buy old Porsche female belts from a junk yard, cut off the ridgid plastic and combine with a new lap belt. Short female side may eliminate the need for the Mighty-tite.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Yeah, I like the belts. I have blue and black interior with blue RS style door pulls. WAY down on my list is an item that says "replace all belts with blue". Someday maybe.

I actually like the way my current setup works with the mighty tite. It's just so easy to sinch the seats down with this clever little device. And having them on the inside where there is plenty of space makes the whole process a lot less taxing.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 10-06-2006, 11:51 AM
northfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same with my 22 month old. He even recognizes them on the road, some he even calls by name. Grandmas Cayenne, is one of his favorite sayings. I guess my dad having 3 porsches in his stable influenced it a little

Quick Reply: My baby boy loves porsche