Sponsored by:

964 European front reflectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Deputy Dog
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 European front reflectors

Has anyone replaced the front bumperettes on a USA 964 with the clear euro reflector lenses? I took the cap off and I see two studs there. Another shop said I have to remove the complete bumper cover to get to the bumperette support and remove it before I can install these lenses. A different shop said I can unthread the studs from the front. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!!!
Chris
Old 09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Most folks, including myself, cut the studs off with a dremel tool. You can then drill the rivet which holds the stud bracket inplace with a small drill and install the clear lense with a small sheet metal screw (#6 or #8, if I recall correctly).
Old 09-29-2006, 11:13 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try the search engine here; there's lots of posts on this, including mine.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:29 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Deputy Dog
Another shop said I have to remove the complete bumper cover to get to the bumperette support and remove it before I can install these lenses.
I was able to remove the left (driver's) side metal plate & studs without cutting (by pulling the plastic bumper away from the body) but for the right side I had to dremel. If you ever need to reinstall the bumperettes the mounting pieces are available as part #964-505-085-00 so I wouldn't worry too much about cutting them.

Originally Posted by Deputy Dog
A different shop said I can unthread the studs from the front. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I vaguely remember that the studs were welded to the small metal plate and could not be unthreaded. Look HERE for instructions.

Quick Reply: 964 European front reflectors