Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a complete list of official 964 exterior colours?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:12 AM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts
Question Anyone got a complete list of official 964 exterior colours?

Or at least a link to all the exterior colours (with official names) used on 964s?

thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 06:51 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by etom
Or at least a link to all the exterior colours (with official names) used on 964s?

thanks
Nope sorry. 964s were painted in various colour schemes dating back to the 1973 911RS series up to an including some of the 993 colours.
There were some 964s painted in offbeat colours schemes including Afrika Corp Desert Sand, Khaki Green, Barbie Pink and even Matt Black. One 964 owner had an external 964 paint code named after himself.
All these colours were done at the factory and Porsche will not provide the paint details unless you are the owner or at least have the VIN.
The translations on the various paint places on the internet of the "official German language paint scheme names" are not always 100% accurate either.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM
stuart1997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a link to a searchable database
there are plenty more colours availible though and some shades are different for certain model years due to chances in the paint type/composition.
I was shown six different Guards reds when i had my old car painted.
http://www.autovisuals.com/paintcode.asp
Old 09-23-2006, 09:15 PM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Default Here is an unofficial list gleaned from various places.

Here is an unofficial list of, I think, standard exterior colors for Porsche between 1989-93. Not all might be 964. Corrections? Additions? (This all came about when someone told me my 92 C2 color was "Arctic Silver" when I thought it was something like "Polar Silver" or something like that; it is silver with a hint of pure sky blue. So I think I am "Polar" not "Arctic", though I can understand the geographical confusion.)

Alpine White
Amazon Green
Amethyst Pearl/Pear?
Apricot Beige
Azure Blue
Baltic Blue
Black (and Black Poly)
Black Pearl
Cobalt Blue
Cognac Brown
Coral Red
Crimson Red
Crystal Silver
Cyclamen (?) Red
Cyclamen Red
Dark Blue
Diamond Blue
Flamingo
Forest Green
Glacier Blue
Grand Prix White
Guards Red
Horizon Blue
Indian Red
Light Gold
Linen Gray
Maritime Blue
Midnight Blue
Mint Green
Murano Green
Oak Green
Pathero Black
Polar Silver
Rubystone Red
Satin Black
Signal Green
Signal Green
Silver
Slate Gray
Speed Yellow
Stone Gray
Titanium
Velvet Red
Zermatt (sp??) Silver (33669?)
Old 09-24-2006, 04:06 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

All the Standard (solid) and Special order colours (metallic) with colour codes for the 964 are listed in my 964 book.
You work out your own colour scheme description by using the car's documentation and labelling system to find the actual paint code. If all this is missing then it suggests the car has been repainted and any shade from any manufacturer could have been used.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:34 PM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Adrian: I will be looking to get your book, probably via Amazon (unless you want to organize a group buy for everyone of the 964 RENNListers!) I came across what modifications you had done on your 964. You write there that "The air filter is by K&N and the air box cover is specially drilled." Do you have any detail on what exactly "specially drilled" refers to in terms of what was actually done to it? Also, my computer could not read the dyno hp readout. What was it? Thanks again for your VERY generous 964 contributions.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by etom
Adrian: I will be looking to get your book, probably via Amazon (unless you want to organize a group buy for everyone of the 964 RENNListers!) I came across what modifications you had done on your 964. You write there that "The air filter is by K&N and the air box cover is specially drilled." Do you have any detail on what exactly "specially drilled" refers to in terms of what was actually done to it? Also, my computer could not read the dyno hp readout. What was it? Thanks again for your VERY generous 964 contributions.
I do have copies of my book here at home, but there is no point selling them back to the US and Canada because of the postal charges. I actually bought some copies of my book for a car club here in Switzerland, but once they were delivered to me I never heard from them again.
I cannot organise group buys etc. You can do this via the Publisher if you contact them direct.

The modifications you read about were done by Sportec AG here in Switzerland. Its a special engine performance kit for the 964 and includes remapping on site using the dyno.
My old 964 put out 285hp at the flywheel after these mods were done using 95 RON fuel. I never got around to doing the 98 RON remap and dyno run.
Ciao,
Adrian.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a complete list of official 964 exterior colours?