Sponsored by:

Eynsham Hall

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pesty
Do you have to be a Porsche club member to go? and how much is admission. Cant find any details other than dates and open times.

cheers
Details of location, prices etc. are all on the web site here .

You do NOT have to me a member to attend and there are no price concessions for members on the gate - only by advance purchase tickets.

Car parking is Porsche segregated - i.e. all non-Porsches are parked separately.

If previous years are anything to go by there should be several thousand Porsches to ogle and plenty of Porsche-related stuff to buy.

Regards

Dave
Old 08-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Cheers. probably pop down and take a look
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Rennlisters using the A40 to get there? Possibility of meeting up on way for convoy?

A40 Polish war memorial, or J4 M40 High Wycombe Holiday Inn... I'm going Saturday (and Sunday, probably).
Old 08-25-2006, 02:53 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

The latest is PCGB London meeting for 2 convoys at the Ace cafe, NW10 departing 7 and 9am.

I'll be there both days. Any Rennlisters say hello. If you see my black turbo 2, I'll leave a mobile number in windscreen.
Cheers,
Mark

Last edited by 911addict; 08-25-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:00 AM
brookewebb
Instructor

Can those who went today let us know what it was like? I am thinking of going tomorrow - better weather, but want to know if it's worth it!
Thanks.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brookewebb
Can those who went today let us know what it was like? I am thinking of going tomorrow - better weather, but want to know if it's worth it!
Thanks.
To be perfectly honest I was quite disappointed.

Apart from the Register Parking being a disaster and OUTSIDE the main attraction area, there were - as expected - no Register or Region gazebos, so no point of contact for like minded individuals. The trade village is round the back of the house and was pretty disappointing really - the same old faithfuls who turn up at most events.

The Coys auction had some interesting hardware to look at - but they wanted £20 for a catalogue before they would let you in - there was a micro second or two in the morning where a PCGB Membership card would get you in but you had to be quick!!

I'm afraid the last two years at Brands have completely overshadowed any attempt at hosting the Festival at a stately home. The racing adds so much interest - even if you just want to take the weight off your feet for a while. At Eynsham all you could do was sit down and buy food - or go back to you car.

If anybody even SUGGESTS that next year the Register and Region gazebos will again be banned I am personally going to get them certified!!!

The Register and Theme displays were truly awful - badly (i.e. not) signposted, no logical placements, the Red/White/Blue display was as haphazard as snooker *****. Many people didn't know what display they were supposed to be in - and most of the parking guides didn't either.

I'm supposed to be going tomorrow but am seriously contemplating not bothering. You can see all there is to see in less than an hour.

Regards

Dave
Old 08-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Dave,

It sounds as though I made the right decision in not bothering to go this year!! Here's to having it back at Brands for 2007!

Andy
Old 08-26-2006, 01:08 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Me too, this typifies all that is inherently wrong IMHO with PCGB, the many "I know best" types. That's why I didn't go, and won't untill the PCGB board remembers it's only there because of the members, if they won't , I won't suport them.

Kevin.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
raymond-turner
Instructor

Shame, Domo and I enjoyed the dodgems, saw a lot of nice cars in the field.
How hard can it be to host an event of this nature?
Very disappointed.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear it was so crap this year! The fact that you guys are back home already says a lot!

When are we doing the next Rennlisters meeting; at least we know that will go well... ;-)

Cheers,

David
Old 08-26-2006, 01:45 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

So Raymond, when can you host us all.....missing the butties like mad now.

Kevin
Old 08-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

I was going to take my daughters for a bit of a day out( they love thibgs like this) don't think I'll bother. Sounds a little dissapointing
Old 08-26-2006, 02:01 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

I actually enjoyed it.

Disappointments: Only 5 of us in the 9am convoy from the Ace Cafe, unfortunately one of those was a Honda and a Boxter; at the event, obviously everything was very static i.e no movement of cars or much engine sound to hear at the event (unlike Goodwood where everyone revs hard as they come and go.)

Pluses: Lots of Porsches. Quite a few nice ones. Had my first helicopter ride! Good atmosphere, lots of friendly people.

Am going again tomorrow for a short while to see different cars/ people.

Last edited by 911addict; 08-27-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:03 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

PS. Pesty, I took my 15 year old daughter who was apprehensive. She loved it (especially the helicopter ride!).
Old 08-26-2006, 02:38 PM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by warmfuzzies
Me too, this typifies all that is inherently wrong IMHO with PCGB, the many "I know best" types. That's why I didn't go, and won't untill the PCGB board remembers it's only there because of the members, if they won't , I won't suport them.
Kevin.
Couldn't agree more. Although there are some great members, overall the PCGB is run by elitists who work to their own agenda. I have never come across a car club so stifled by politics. If it weren't for a few guys in the 964RS register, I doubt I would have rejoined this year. I doubt I will next year.

TBH, Rennlist restored my faith in Porsche owners in general and, specifically, aircooled owners. It is great to be associated with such a generally knowledgable and friendly crew. Roll on the next UK meeting.

Quick Reply: Eynsham Hall