Sponsored by:

What I did this Summer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default What I did this Summer...

Spent a month in Oz escaping the scorching Middle East Summer and managed to get a fair bit done on the C4.

Thanks to some timely purchases and a few GB's here on Rennlist I installed a pair of leather Recaro PP's, (Thanks Rhonda at FVD), a pair of leather RS door panels (Thanks Bob at AppBiz) a new carbon /alloy handbrake and gearshift (thanks Gert at Carnewal) new alloy pedals from Ultimate Pedals, some alloy gauge surrounds, an RS leather steering wheel and a new iPod ready Alpine head unit from my local audio guy.

I had a set of cup mirrors painted that I picked up from eBay UK but found they were LHD mirrors so now I have to find new bases and glass to suit!!

So far I'm really pleased with the progress and my wife loves the new interior so the somewhat large outlay of cash in such a small space of time was give the seal of approval! Everything fitted as advertised and there were no major obstacles along the way. I can't give high enough praise to the nice people at FVD who sent the seats all the way over to Australia for me.

I ordered a new set of 18in wheels and they arrived the day after I left Oz so they are sitting patiently for me to fit in January 2007.

Still to come is a new leather dash, some carbon fibre trim for the interior and a rear seat delete.....

Picking up speed on the slippery slope!!

Neil
Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 171 Posts

VERY nice!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Indeed! Very, very nice!!

The CF handbrake and shifter is one of the mods I have been meaning to do for a long time... just to cheap to actually spend the money on it... Can you share another photo of the center section? Might be just enough to push me into getting it.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:27 PM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Gert made it all too easy for me....

I see you have the white face gauges and I would love to install them in my car but again so many goodies so little money!!

Sorry about the quality of the photos...my gorgeous wife going happy snappy....
Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by rotorheadcase
Gert made it all too easy for me....

I see you have the white face gauges and I would love to install them in my car but again so many goodies so little money!!

Sorry about the quality of the photos...my gorgeous wife going happy snappy....
Thank you! I will bother you some more... can't find these items in their site. Can you share the part number from the invoice so that I can call them?

The only listing they have under the P64 Interior section is for the Alu/Leather Hand brake Lever and Shifter not the CF units.

Thanks you!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Love the wheels!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Jaime the parts are listed under the 993 section....the top of the gear shift shows a six speed pattern so I had a local carbon fibre guy make up a new inlay. He did an amazing job and hardly charged me anything. I think he was keen to see if he could match the OEM level of craftsmanship and he did that and more!!

Megatron thanks very much I've looked everywhere for a faithful copy of the BBS Motorsport wheels and these were exactly what I was looking for at a great price. Now I have to cool my heels for the next five months before I get back to Oz and have them fitted!! Patience is not my strong point as my wife will tell you!!
Old 08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice ride. Love what you did with the interior!!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Thanks for the kind words guys. The thing I'm most pleased with is how every purchase has turned up as ordered, in perfect condition and went in the car without a hitch....as I said the only thing that let the success rate down was a pair of mirrors that turned out to be LHD and the UK seller neglected to mention this. In fairness the part numbers were listed but I assumed that being a UK seller they would be RHD. So now I'm having to hunt for a pair of bases and mirrors.

Of course the fact the car is in Oz and I'm in the Middle East for the next 5 months means that my dad gets to enjoy the car whilst I hack around in my old Jeep
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
David P
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you based in down here in Oz?

DavidP
Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Based over in Perth David, though I only get over to Oze 2-3 times a year at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the next year or so. Too many good things about Oz that I really miss.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:34 AM
964RSphil
Instructor

Where in the middle east are you? and where did you get those lovely wheels?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:57 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Hey Phil, I've read your posts with a little envy....Dubai seeems to have some great roads up in the mountains and the fact you have an RS out there is awesome!! I'm over in Qatar working for Gulf Helicopters but my C4 is in Perth so two or three times a year I get back to play with it.

The wheels I picked up in OZ and are an HR Racing wheel. Never really heard much about them before but they came up at a good price. They've yet to be fitted to the car so I don't know how the ride is going to be over the CupII 17's.

I come through Dubai a few times a year and would love to catch up with you and see your car. I'll drop you a PM next time I'm over your way.

Neil
Old 08-17-2006, 04:13 AM
964RSphil
Instructor

Hey Neil

How funny....As i kid I was brought up in Qatar and lived on the Gulf Helicopters compound....live in number 2 and number 15

I should be in Qatar next week visiting the Landrover dealership.

Thanks for the info on the wheels...Ill look them up as im in the process of looking at new wheels for the car...I tried some GT3 wheels at the weekend but need to see them in black first.

Would be ace to meet up so defo drop me a PM if your ever coming by...

Heres the RS with the GT3 wheels....not sure!?!

Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

WOW!! what an unbelievably small world!!

The Sport Design wheels are the other set that I looked at and had these not come up would have been the ones I would have got instead. They look sensational on the car and in all honesty if a set came up I would probably get them as well as i'm still undecided.

If you have some free time when you are here next week drop me a PM and perhaps we can get together from a refreshing beverage one evening. By the way where are you sourcing all your parts from in Dubai??

Quick Reply: What I did this Summer...