Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do we have PCV valves and can they...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm. I too have some kind of oil pooling on the left bank and as far as I can tell its by the base of the air intake track. My car is a 1996 C2. have searched high and low on the engine but can really see anything short of pulling the engine...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
ltbrkm3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I went back in last night and replaced the upper valve cover gaskets and the left bank tensioner gasket behind the distributer. The valve cover gaskets looked fine-no evidence of oil getting past the gaskets and no evidence of seepage around the valve cover. The tensioner gasket however looked like there may have been some leaking going on as it was wet all around....maybe wishfull thinking on my part but the leak was worse with the engine running than stopped and the tensioner is pressure fed....sooooo. I also added a Wurth all purpose dye to the oil tank in hopes of tracking this thing down, if I didn't get it yet.
Also, if you ever take your distributer out...try not to bump the gear on anything as this changes the position of the rotors from when your car was last running
Scott
Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 AM
dave964diver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
No, the 964 does not have a positive crankcase ventilation valve but if you add one it's good for a documented 5HP (1st image). On top of the crankcase there is a condensation dome (1st image) that vents to the oil tank and the oil tank vents to the intake manifold (2nd image - red arrows). So if you overfill the tank with oil it will dump the excess into your intake manifold, gumming up your ISV and throttle body and causing all sorts of odd running issues.

Sorry to hijack this thread but a question on image no. 2 right hand read arrow, ( ie the open ended 1/4 inch bit) this spigot in front of the accelerator vents into your oil tank via a thin hose. I've retro fitted a plastic intake manifold so not sure on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Do we have PCV valves and can they...