Sponsored by:

May have to sell.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Chad T
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default May have to sell.

A recent job loss has got me thinking about selling the 1992 C2. I would love to keep it but if it comes down to having food and a roof it will most certainly have to go. I really love the car and it was a dream come true for me. Car is in great shape and has 78k miles. Has all sevice stamps in book and original paint and new clutch. Let me know if anyone is interested. Would need to get around 25k to pay off loan. I'm trying to figure out how I could keep her but if I got a good offer I would probably sell as no job and a big car payment is not a good combo. Car is all stock except for a Borla exhaust. Only options are comfort seats and limited slip. Car really is a gem.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:59 PM
mm23
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know if its for sale and what color are those seats and the interior?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:16 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

What do you do Chad? You might be able to get some leads from the members if they knew what you do. You're in a good location with Cincinnati, Dayton and Cleveland close by. Also talk to your loan people about the car, they may be more interested in giving you some slack on the payments to keep the loan. Good luck
Old 08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
pcarcraig
Rennlist Member

Chad,

You have a PM.

Craig
Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mm23
Let me know if its for sale and what color are those seats and the interior?
Those look like the same color I have.. light Grey with Classic Grey accents including dash. Nice color combo, IMO.

Sorry to hear this Chad. Good luck to you.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chad, I'm not trying to armchair quarterback because only you know your own situation, but try not to do anything too hastily. Have you talked to your financier about doing 'interest-only' or deferring the payments for a while? Most these days will bend over backwards, they don't want your car back, they want you to ultimately pay out the loan.

Quite obviously, such a nice car would sell instantly, so maybe it would be worthwhile to hold off and see what develops? Just my 2 cents. Chin up, amigo, good things will happen.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Chad T
Instructor

Thanks for the advise and support!

mm23,

The seats are linen. Not sure the name of the dash color but it closely matches the exterior of the car. Looks different in the garage as it was a little dark. It's quite nice.

Don

My previous job was doing estimating and specifications for a construction and roofing Co. in OH. I would love to get a job working on cars or doing something mechanical which will probably not pay as much as I was making but would be more enjoyable.

Craig

Thank you for the offer I will let you know.

Barry

Great advise. I never considered that option.

I do appreciate the kind thoughts. Hopefully I'll find gainful employment soon and be able to keep the 964. It sure is a good one but if push comes to shove it's not a necessity. Glad to see there is interest. I will know in a week or 2 if I am selling or not.

Chad
Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad T
My previous job was doing estimating and specifications for a construction and roofing Co. in OH. I would love to get a job working on cars or doing something mechanical which will probably not pay as much as I was making but would be more enjoyable.
Not sure what your job market is like in your area, but you could always try to get a job immediately in your field. Then once you secure new employment, look for something outside your field that you may like on your timetable.

Keep your head up! We'd all like to see you keep your car if possible!

Jay
90 964
84 3.2
Old 08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
AnthemAVM
Racer

Good luck, wish it was on the west coast, would take it off your hands.

Michael
Old 08-02-2006, 03:58 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chad - I read your post this morning and have been agonizing over it ever since. From the tone, it was obvious that the car means a lot to you, and a search of your previous posts proved it! IMHO, there is no way that I would let that car go (especially since you just got it!)... My recommendation would be to work overtime on finding a new job NOW... Don't take time off to chill, because thinking about it will only make things worse (been there, done that)... Get that income stream back in your favor, then consider how to prioritize your personal life. I can assure you that in my case, I will fight like hell to always have a P-car in my garage!

Good luck, and keep your Renn-family posted...
-B
Old 08-02-2006, 07:15 AM
p993targa
Advanced

Default Been there myself

Chad,

I was in that situation at the start of year, came back from the Christmas & New Year to find my company was closing the UK Plant and had 3 months to find a job!

Went into overtime with the job hunting and pulled through, kept the car, etc.

Don't give up and I hope you get things sorted.

Nice car by the way.

Mark
Old 08-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Chad T
Instructor

Thanks guys. You are the best! I'm feverishly looking. May have to dig ditches or something. Sure do appreciate the support!

Chad

Quick Reply: May have to sell.