Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KirkF
Geoff,

Sounds like everything is going well!
You can't beat having a compressor. I must have thought 50 times this weekend: "How did I do this without air?", Once you have it, you use it for everything.
Now if only I had a mig!

Rick,
3/8 Poly is good for airlines, its easy to run, and can be mounted to walls. Very typically used in heavy industry for valves, etc. If you want something sturdier, you can use copper pipe or copper tube. Black iron is a last choice because it really will rust every day, and when you go to blow something off the rust will spatter out every time.

As for me, I feel like I have been writing a set of exams on porsche engines over the weekend. I learned too much to list.

Kirk

Kirk.. Thanks! It's exactly what I wanted to do. Though I was thinking about running either heavy duty PVC or copper around the garage after I ran it to the garage. Thanks for the pic!

Geoff... Is that an AT6? Looks like it (or similar!) Sounds like a great present!... It seems Stacey and my wife , Jonene, are one and the same! Jonene tried to get me a warbird flight around here but couldn't find one. She bought me an hour in a regular small craft. I guess I'll get a 172 and do a tour for an hour! I'll ask the guy (if he feels comfortable) if I can take off and fly a little... If he feels comfortable after that... I'll ask to land. It's been 20 years since my old buddies and I used to fly.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:54 AM
jeff522
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned that it sucks to have a hernia fix for the second time.Not to much p-car time lately.I can get in but getting out I don't think so.Geoff glad to see you back.What a great Fathers Days gift.Is that a T-6 Texan.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:08 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff and Rick, it is a Texan. They are based out of Florida, but make a circuit every year. The hr long flight has to be a blast. I got to fly for 10-15 minutes of the 30. He took off, got us to safe airspace, and landed. The rest I got to do, except for the barrel rool and loop he did for me. What a rush!!!

Rick, I really doubt the pilot would let you do anything more than dance around at 5000 ft. Landing, if you haven't done it in 20 yrs, will be scary. I don't think he'd risk the liability; I know I wouldn't. How about you have Jonene fly you to the closest Warbird flight; then go or the hr package to make it worthwhile. They are still in the area, and you could stop by the house.

Quick Reply: Monday knowledge time