Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Weltmeister Hood Shocks Won't Fit????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM
cwrm4
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New Weltmeister Hood Shocks Won't Fit????

A few months ago, after the reading the excellent Marc Shaw DIY, I ordered a pair of Weltmeister hood shocks from Performance Products, part 99351122100AM.

Unfortunately, there seems to be just a little too much metal on the end of the shock to fit between the inner fender and and the ball. I've tried and tried to no avail...I even pulled the clip off the shock to ensure that wasn't interfering.

I can get the shock on about 80% of the way, but can't full enclose the ball. Anyone have similar experience? Note that the pic of the Weltmeister shock from the DIY appears to have less metal on the end. I've had the shocks for a few months so not sure if I can return them (without supporting evidence that they don't fit...).

Will
Rennlist Member
'93 C2 Coupe
'74 TR6
Attached Images   
Old 07-30-2006, 10:58 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Will,
I replaced both the fronts and rears a few months ago. Mine looked like the one from your Rennlist DIY photo. The Weltmeister ones might just be a little too big by the looks of them. You can get the other ones from Pelican, I dug out my receipt and it says they are Stabilus brand. The part # for the fronts is 993 511 331 00 M2. The rears are 911 512 331 02 M2. Good luck on getting a refund.

I hate that time restriction they all use as I'm usually late getting around to the fix if it's not critical. Especially considering the incredible pile of money I donate to them on a regular basis!!

Cheers,

Steve
Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default refund

tell them what happen they will work with you, or at least give you credit to buy something else.

Quick Reply: New Weltmeister Hood Shocks Won't Fit????