Sponsored by:

Friday Folley

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:08 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday Folley

Well, I won't get much seat time this year, so I'm taking the car to work today. It's filthy, but I need a few miles on it. Supposed to be cloudy all day, but you never know if the sun will peek out or not.

I don't know much else as I'll be deep into painting, tiling, installing hardwood floors and having a baby in the next few weeks. I'm sure they won't occur in that order either

I guess that's it; what about you?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 AM
DaveK
Race Car

I also took the car to work today. I shouldn't, because I think I will do plenty of miles this year (going to the Lake District for a weekend in August, and that will be 600 mile round trip, plus a few blasts while I'm there). But the sun was shining and I couldn't resist.

The weekend will be spent entertaining 2 french girls - the g/f and one of her friends. A visit to london is planned tomorrow I think, so the car will be sat in the garage unloved......
Old 06-09-2006, 08:31 AM
leosayer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been invited to 3 BBQs on Saturday, to watch England's first game in the footie world cup. Might try and attend all 3!

Also need to work out how to fix a new roof rack and cycle rack to my wife's Audi A4 as there's as we're doing a charity cycle ride in Suffolk soon.

Need to wash the A4 as well as it has been about 6 months and is filthy. Also need to find a way to do this with the hosepipe ban in place in SE England.

Meeting up with my wife's aunt on Sunday who is back in the UK for a couple of week from working in Tanzania for the UN! Never met her before but it should be interesting, as apparently her 'strong' character is very similar to my wife's.

I think I'll have to get up at 4am Sunday morning to get a traffic free blast in the 964, it's perfect weather for top-off motoring (targa top, not my shirt), forecast for 28c/82f and sunny in London. Gotta love this global warming problem!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Chad T
Instructor

I'm headed to the local Bureau of Motor Vehicles to pay my tax on the Porsche, get local title issued and transfer registration from old car. Should be a fun day.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:09 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I wanted to drive mine in to work today also but after opening the engine hood last nite i discovered my alt belt is held on by about 1/3 the width of the belt. sure glad it didnt come apart during the autocross last weekend and the drive back on the streaming hot back roads. Looks like i have a project to put on the list for the weekend! Going to be 96 degrees here today. Sure wish the garage was air conditioned!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:51 AM
C4Russ
Burning Brakes

I'm travelling about 160 miles to officiate a bike race that is being sponsered by a group of vineyards. It's going to be a rough day...Travel in the sunshine, in the Porsche, windows and sunroof open, listening to music. I'm not sure how I'll cope.

The wife is travelling and my son is at Grandma's. I have all day Sat and Sunday to do as I please which may very well include a nice tune-up and valve adjust for the p-car along with some baseball on the radio and perhaps a cool beverage.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:59 AM
last toy
Burning Brakes

I replaced my AC R12 compressor and brought it to the shop to get recharged. They decided to convert it to R134 which only cost me about $40 for the fittings which probably could be bought for half that. They swore that the type of R134 freon they use is compatible with a R12 receiver and dryer, getting 40 degree AC air from vents now. Had my distributor belt checked as I could not loosen the phillip screws holding down the caps myself. To my surprise the belt is in real good condition. I thought for sure it would need replacing since the car did not have a vent kit in it at 58,000 miles. The only thing left to do is to change out the shocks, lower the front height, and install a 21mm C2 part.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:43 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I had my alignment done today, by the local OPC Lancasters of Colchester, good price, and RS setup with slightly over 1 degree negative camber all round, blimey it turns in and holds it a lot better than it used to.......

Kevin
Old 06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am getting an CB and alignment done today (by someone who knows what they are doing ) as well as a tech. inspection in preparation for my second DE of the season this weekend.

I am also having new IA lower valve covers installed (as I am too busy to do it) as the left side continues to leak a tiny bit, even after new gaskets last year with the valve adjustment, so the old one is probably warped.

Marc
Old 06-09-2006, 11:56 AM
IanR
Racer

Originally Posted by warmfuzzies
I had my alignment done today, by the local OPC Lancasters of Colchester, good price, and RS setup with slightly over 1 degree negative camber all round, blimey it turns in and holds it a lot better than it used to.......

Kevin
Has it cured your understeer?

Ian
Old 06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

I've got my motor all apart but the case , can't get the halves apart . Whats the deal ?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:40 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Ian,

All but cured, I didn't want to go too aggressive, -1.1 at the front -1.2 at the rear...

Seems no twitchier than before, and certainly no worse than with the 17's I had on previously......Nearly there, now for a bit more...............

Kevin
Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 PM
jeff522
Racer

New tires today.I am so glad to be getting rid of the Pirellis.She getting Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07s.I'm hoping to get the new pedals installed.I"M still going round and round about the NR gauge faces,I think I'm just going to call NR to try to get the right ones.
Sunday my son comes home from a week with his mom.I think I'll take the 964 to the Tulsa airport to get him.Its about an 1 1/2 hour drive.He'll be thrilled and it would be nice to take it on the toll road.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:53 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

P-car is sitting at home with a torn CV boot on the inner right rear! Must have happened after the last DE at Pocono (a rush hour drive home where I ran over a chunk of metal kicked up by the van in front of me). Waiting for the UPS guy to bring the new ones.

I will have to drive it tomorrow to the P-club's kind sponsor garage in Philly for a DE Tech inspection proir to the outing at Summit Point in 2 weeks.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:23 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I am luck I will be able to get a wash and wax...Been so busy lately havent had the time to get the P car polished up...

Quick Reply: Friday Folley