Sponsored by:

964 Child Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
yourlasttart
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 Child Seat

Does anyone know where I can get a forward facing child seat for a 1 year old for my 1993 964 (in the UK)?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use any seat belt child seat. My favorite is the Recaro Sport Youth. I also have the Bellini and Britex. If you want to use the LATCH system you will need to retro fit the latches. If you have the storage bins instead of seats, the bars on top of the bins are not strong enough for LATCH child restraint systems. Also make sure you have a switch for the airbag ifyou use the front seat.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Mark Brook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,

QUick-fit Safetybelts in Middlesex are the best that I could find. They advertise in 911 and Porscheworld, also Porsche Post. I brought a Klippan from them, which is about the best fit you can get. It cost me £285 fitted 3 years ago.

I don't use it anymore as my son is now 5. If you are interested in a 2nd hand one, send me a mail.

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:41 AM
ggoodwin
Advanced

I have one of these (Porsche Prince) in black/grey/red.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-Prince...QQcmdZViewItem

Expect it to go for around £200 as they are in such demand.

It is very difficult to find a new seat to fit the narrowing 'v' shape of the rear seats.

GarryG
Old 06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Bluey964
Rennlist Member

Best fit is the Klippan Futura (or Mamas and Papas Sicuro - same seat - different names), but they have been discontinued. I managed to find one on ebay and it is a great fit. As I have a cab Quikfit safetybelt do a speciifc mounting kit that locks the seat in place with an additional seatbelt that is non-inertia.

This is much more secure for the child than the porsche prince - I would not put my son in one of them as they only provide padding around the stomach and no whiplash protection for the head and upper torso like a proper seat with a 5 point harness.

Quick Reply: 964 Child Seat