964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAM BACK, MY NEW 964, PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006 | 10:49 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

i think black is the color to have, but they are a bitch to keep clean.

Jeremy Pinsly, there is no way you can tint the plastic window, but i recommend tinting the windshield, keep the car cooler when you are driving and protect the interior from fading.
it is illegall, but i never had any trouble in the last 6 years with all my previous cars. 3% tint is very hard to see, and works.
Old 06-02-2006 | 05:48 AM
Chrisw_05
Instructor

Nice Wheels......in every sense of the phrase.......I notice you've got a wind deflector. Does it really work that well and how easy is it to take in and out. I've got 4 year old twins who love to take a ride in the back seats with the top down and don't think pushing them under the back part of the deflector would go down very well with the wife!!!!!!!!!!

Chris W.
Old 06-02-2006 | 09:28 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

A few thoughts:

Nice car/clean car.
Black ~is~ the fastest. Must be the bigger engines.

Chris:
The wind deflectors work great. The stop the buffetting at highway speeds. They take (literally) about 8 seconds to remove, just unzip the rear flap and pull out. They are excellent when it comes to keeping the Mrs. happy with the top down.
Old 06-02-2006 | 09:40 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Black ~is~ the fastest. Must be the bigger engines.
No argument here.

The new car looks great, Mike - enjoy.

Marc
Old 06-02-2006 | 11:06 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by Chrisw_05
Nice Wheels......in every sense of the phrase.......I notice you've got a wind deflector. Does it really work that well and how easy is it to take in and out. I've got 4 year old twins who love to take a ride in the back seats with the top down and don't think pushing them under the back part of the deflector would go down very well with the wife!!!!!!!!!!
Chris W.
You can remove the wind deflector easily. With the top up, pull out the side support rests and pull it out and fold. Then you can shove it behind the seats (I have no rears seats so I use the shelf for storage or emergency 3rd person seat). Wind deflector is a must for anything above 50mph cruising if you want to hear the stereo or have hair on your head.
It's not as good as the 993 but works well enough.
Old 06-02-2006 | 11:23 AM
H964
Rennlist Member

thanks guys for all your positive feedback, life without the 964 sucked.
the previous owner used castrol synthetic , i was wondering if i should switch back to regular oil or stick with synthetic?? we all know these cars are notorious leaker and i know synthetic doesnt help in that department.
your feedback will be appreciated
i finally have the option come back home dump the pathfinder and jump in the porsche and leave the wife home
Old 06-02-2006 | 12:07 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

From: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

If it's the full synthetic Castrol, I'd keep going with it. Everybody seems to love the 'German Castrol' stuff. If it's the Syntec blend, I'd go full synthetic. But I'm kind of an oil geek and have a bias toward synthetic. If it doesn't leak now, it's no more likely to leak with synth. Personally, I'd be happy the PO thought enough of the car to use it. But this threatens to start a whole new "synth. vs. dino - leak - no leak" thread...

Barry
Old 06-03-2006 | 08:42 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

Does it have stock springs? It looks a little lower...

Quick Reply: IAM BACK, MY NEW 964, PICTURES!!!!!!!!