A914MAN
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a DIY kinda guy, but I'd just send them to PMB Performance
Old 05-24-2019, 11:28 AM
cjoenck
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I had mine done at GoldLine Brakes outside Seattle a couple of years ago. They did a nice job, including replacement of all seals, etc. and pretty quick turnaround.
No affiliation but a happy customer.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:23 PM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by A914MAN
I'm a DIY kinda guy, but I'd just send them to PMB Performance
Well, what a disappointment that was. Called PMB Performance, guy on the phone was nice, said they would charge $500 a set to repaint them, new seals, new stickers, will look as good as factory Brembos. $500 sounded good to me so I sent them. They called again today to tell me that they received the brakes and that they would be sending me an invoice. Invoice comes in my email 10 minutes later and is $878 ! I called them back, talked to the same guy on the phone. He said that he meant the price was $500 a pair to refinish, not $500 a set. He then called me back and said they could offer me a 10% discount due to the miscommunication. I told them to ship them back to me.

PMB Performance has mixed reviews on the Internet and now I see why.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:55 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by IHTFP
Well, what a disappointment that was. Called PMB Performance, guy on the phone was nice, said they would charge $500 a set to repaint them, new seals, new stickers, will look as good as factory Brembos. $500 sounded good to me so I sent them. They called again today to tell me that they received the brakes and that they would be sending me an invoice. Invoice comes in my email 10 minutes later and is $878 ! I called them back, talked to the same guy on the phone. He said that he meant the price was $500 a pair to refinish, not $500 a set. He then called me back and said they could offer me a 10% discount due to the miscommunication. I told them to ship them back to me.

PMB Performance has mixed reviews on the Internet and now I see why.
I spoke to PMB and thought their pricing was high, but after talking to a few other places, it seems to be about average for the market.
Is there someone else doing similar quality work for less?
Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 AM
IHTFP
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not sure who else is doing this work. My point was that I was quoted a price by the sales rep. The agreed upon price seemed reasonable to me so I shipped my calipers across country to have them refinished. Once my calipers arrived they backed away from the price they gave me even though the work (refinish calipers, put in new seals) never changed. If their sales rep made a mistake, they need to own it. That line about quoting me for 2 calipers is total BS. Now I have lost several weeks of time and at least $160 in shipping charges.

Last edited by IHTFP; 06-04-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:16 AM
cjoenck
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I have used GoldLine Brakes in the past and they did a nice job refinishing my calipers, including new seals.

http://www.goldlinebrakes.com

I have no affiliation other than using them but I believe I did at the time because of some very positive remarks here and over on Pelicanparts.

Quick Reply: Splitting Calipers pros/cons?