Sponsored by:

anti lock light /airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Mike Lowry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anti lock light /airbag light

drove my 964 finally today after 16 days of rain(damm ohio rain).the anti lock light came on and the airbag light,the previous owner mentioned to keep a battery tender on it for long period of storage,i didn't think 16 days would be enough to trip the light.The car started fine and ran perfect .Took the car back out and the anti lock lock light came on and went out 5 seconds later,when the anti light went out the airbag light came on and stayed lite for the rest of the drive.Whats up with my baby,low battery? Thanks for your help! https://rennlist.com/forums/newthrea...ewthread&f=59#
Smilie
Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Hi Mike, I'm from Solon, ohio but presently live in Toronto. had the same problem with the air bag and seat belt lites on at same time. You may need to get the codes reset again and have the front air bag pressure sensors cleaned. The dashboard indicator lites are all connected to the back of the clock. Worse case, those contacts need to be checked as they have cold solder connections that sometimes loosen. Don't go to a Porsche dealer, as they will most likely tell you to replace the airbag sensors because they don't know any better. Hopefully you have an experience mechanic that knows Porsches quirks. See an article about this problem on www. porsche 964.co.uk
Old 05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Mike Lowry
Advanced

thanks don,took the car to layland motors today.they put the hammer tool to it free of charge,it said a short somewhere in the clock,just like you said.they reset it and said let it go for awhile, i'll get it fixed next spring.thanks Don
Old 05-24-2006, 06:54 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

That's good news, sounds like layland is a good Porsche shop. Check out the www.porsche 964.co.uk website. It explains the integration of the indicator lites to the clock. Have a great summer

Quick Reply: anti lock light /airbag light