Sponsored by:

Christmas Tree Effect

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Tree Effect

Guys, since yesterday, during more or less the first 5 minutes drive ( once it heats up it stops ) I have the Xmas tree effect in my dashboard, (3.3 965 ) with all red lights popping on and of.
As told, after 5 minutes the symptom disappears. Feels like a bad electrical contact, doesn't it?

I imagine that zillions of threads must have already written about this, but, please, bear with me...am I right in trusting "only" in a bad contact situation?

Cheers

Miguel
Old 05-17-2006, 07:46 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Miguel,

What have you done lately? Any maintenance?

I had this with bad spark plug wire connections.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Miguel
Guys, since yesterday, during more or less the first 5 minutes drive ( once it heats up it stops ) I have the Xmas tree effect in my dashboard, (3.3 965 ) with all red lights popping on and of.
As told, after 5 minutes the symptom disappears. Feels like a bad electrical contact, doesn't it?

I imagine that zillions of threads must have already written about this, but, please, bear with me...am I right in trusting "only" in a bad contact situation?

Cheers

Miguel
Could be associated to several things. From a weak battery to sparkplug cables

Xmas Effect

I would start by cleaning both contacts and fully recharging the battery and keeping the car hooked up to a battery charger while not in use. Then do some test to see if it is the sparkplug wires by spraying a mist of water over them and looking for sparks.

Keep us posted. This is a common problem and there are a lot of threads on the subject.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:07 AM
Miguel
Pro

Thank you guys. No , I haven't done any maintenance, which , by the way, is something i haven't the least idea how to do. It's straight to the mechanic, with me.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:54 PM
greenjt
Racer

New coils and leads ended my christmas. I could tell there was something going on when i pulled the leads at the coils. It was either the lead or coil so i replaced both leads and coils.

Quick Reply: Christmas Tree Effect