Sponsored by:

Technical Bulletin T1/90 MAF Wiring Harness Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Mark Brook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Outer boot torn.

Does this look like the recall was done?
Old 03-07-2020, 12:42 PM
camsdad911
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for uncovering a fix that has had my mechanic and me scratching our heads for a long, long time.

ziplock had been cut off, and now it’s back on the car is running far more sweetly.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:15 AM
the_dove
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Brook

Outer boot torn.

Does this look like the recall was done?
Bump -
My recently acquired 89 C4 suffers from the same stall issues.
When uncovering the cover, I did not see a 2nd layer as pictured above. So probably this was done already.
Before I dive deeper into the issue - is the fix just removing the inner rubber layer?
Old 02-10-2024, 05:32 PM
klokwerk
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi there!
Bringing up this old thread instead of starting a new one.
My '89 C4 just developed a rough idle issue after a short drive the other day. I've gone through most (still working on it) of the usual items.
I have a solid state DME, I've changed the fuel pump a few months ago, has a new fuel filter, new 993 coils, plugs and wires, new dist caps/rotors and the belt isn't broke.
Haven't looked for any leaks yet....but
I just cleaned out the idle control valve, it's still drying out and was very dirty.
It cycles fine with 9v but didn't rattle like people have said they do when cleaned. So I cleaned it a second time and just heard it do that...so hopefully good.

This tech bulletin came up in my search and when I looked at my plug on the back of the MAF it had no protective boot on it. Also no zip tie.

Question is; since my inner protective boot is missing I should be able to just zip tie the wires to the plug and temporarily tape them. Would that work?

Thanks!

Old 02-10-2024, 08:28 PM
klokwerk
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Since I did more than one thing and the problem went away it was either one of these or all of the above!
1. Cleaning the ICV
2. Resetting the DME, re-adaption, whatever we call it....disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then go for a drive
3. Applied the TSB fix in this thread. Did not need to source Tie wrap: PN 999 513 021 40. Had a bag of them from Home Depot that appear to have worked as good.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Technical Bulletin T1/90 MAF Wiring Harness Mod