Noisy rear blower - can it be lubed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Euromagination
There are still things I want to figure out though because I know the front blower motors can push plenty of air without the rear one, the problem is just that when you disconnect the rear one the front ones dont work at all. VERY weird, but there has to be a way around it. Look for my recent threads about it if you are truly interested.
Did you have any luck with Bill Gregory's article, "Bypassing Your Heater Motor?" I seem to remember my front blowers working normally with the rear blower disconnected but I have a "newer" climate control unit.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Did you have any luck with Bill Gregory's article, "Bypassing Your Heater Motor?" I seem to remember my front blowers working normally with the rear blower disconnected but I have a "newer" climate control unit.
Yeh, I hooked up the proper resistors and mounted them to an aluminum plate which is now mounted in the engine bay... I think it may be because I have the "older" climate control, but why? I don't understand why the "older" one is good enough to power the front ones when the rear is connected but not when it's not connected? What's the difference?

Which parts numbers will work? Does it have to be a 964 climate control or will similar-looking climate controls out of other models like the 928/968 work? (I'm asking just to widen my range of possible fits.)

I really don't understand what the "newer" ones have that the older ones do not? Definitely an issue if putting a bypass on a '90 car.

-Harry
Old 04-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Just to follow up..lubing worked for around an hour, and now its noisy again! Going to get a new motor sometime..

Quick Reply: Noisy rear blower - can it be lubed?