Sponsored by:

Clutch Pedal Travel

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:18 PM
jeff522
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clutch Pedal Travel

In order for the clutch to fully engage the pedel must be all the way to the floor,at the end of its range of travel.It has to be frimly pushed to the floor.The clutch dose not seem to start to engage till about 1/2 travel.It has been like this since the new clutch and flywheel(Cup clutch/LWFW) were installed.What would be the best way to deal with it.I have no clue when it comes to a hydrolic clutch what to do or how to do it. I am more of a mech guy.Thanks

Jeff
1990 C2 White/Burgundy
Old 03-31-2006, 03:25 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

While you can't adjust the clutch engagement point if the clutch system is properly bled, you can adjust the clutch pedal travel lenght by adjusting the clutch stop. To do this, take out the wooden floorboard. Then unto the hex nuts and move the adjuster down.

If your clutch is not bled properly, clutch engagement would be at the bottom.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
TJN
Instructor

jeff522, we are even! i just had a new high performance complete clutch installed on my '91 awd, converted tt. the installer told me that the "bite" just at the carpet is normal and will raise with wear. also said that there is no adjustment with the slave cylinder. sometimes mine won't go into 1st if i'm at rest, it will go in if i downshift while rolling up to a stop, or if i shut the engine off, i have had a lot of serious work done all at once including this new clutch. good luck vk ps, i have complete trust in the installer
Old 03-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Take a look at the pedal assembly. There is a roll pin that attaches the clutch pedal to the master cylinder, and when the roll pin starts to fail you will lose some clutch travel..........
Old 04-01-2006, 07:53 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Did you replace the slave cylinder when you did the clutch? One of the signs of this going out is a notichiness in the pedal, especially coming up and that it sometimes does not fully returm. These things also are very prone to failure. I replace them all the time and most of the time this is the issue.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Travel