Sponsored by:

Pic of CF blower bypass installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic of CF blower bypass installed

It's been in for a little over a week. Thought I'd share the pic since we all like pics. It looks pretty cool for sure. I just need to get my cooling fan powdercoated so the engine bay looks nice. I'm in the middle of getting quotes for that as I type this.

Oh and thanks to jimq, I used his idea of putting an aluminum bar up to hold the slightly dropping engine insulation. Works and looks great! You can barely notice it.

Anyway, I'll keep anyone updated on the slight heat issues that have been reported in the past with these bypasses. I've driven the car almost every day this week and it hasn't gotten any hotter than it usually does. I even sat in traffic for a while yesterday and the needle never went above 8 o'clock. Granted, it was only 45 degrees, but still...no airflow.

I'll keep everyone updated. So far I'm happy I decided to get this instead of another rear blower motor that would fail one day again anyway. I'm a big fan of simplicity in design for the most part.

So, what color should the fan be? I'm thinking a "black chrome" color. Sort of a dark-ish silver...

-Harry
Old 03-22-2006, 04:29 PM
greenjt
Racer

How's the heat and defrost function in the cabin?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by greenjt
How's the heat and defrost function in the cabin?
Please see my recent post in this thread for a full explanation of what it's doing as of now and where I am with trying to correct it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/20068-replacing-air-blower-with-bypass-pipe-caution.html

The heat works. The cabin still gets warm in a matter of minutes and there's plenty of airflow while moving, but no "control" of the flow. Hopefully I can get that taken care of one way or another. I knew there would be a catch and it wouldn't be as easy as it sounded.

-Harry

Last edited by Euromagination; 03-22-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Pic of CF blower bypass installed