Sponsored by:

Spring perch tool

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:24 PM
C4Russ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring perch tool

Does anyone know of a source for the tool? Is there a substitute that'll work without damaging the perch?

I'm installing the new Bilstein struts/shocks and Eibach's this weekend and I imagine they could need some adjustment afterwards. They were easy to remove from the old struts but I imagine trying to adjust them once the spring is under tension will require a tad more coercion.

The existing Boge struts/shocks just may be the original equipment pieces on a 105K mile car. The struts literally take almost a minute to extend and even then they are not up all the way. I'm so looking forward to driving the car with a fresh set of struts/shocks. The car handles amazing even with worn equipment, I'm sure I'll pleasantly surprised at how much better the car is with fresh coilovers in place.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

Hook spanner wrenches. A friend made me one by just cutting out a piece of c shaped metal with a hook on the end. I think you can get a real set from pelican in their tool department sure to fit.

I checked mcmaster and they have an adjustable one as well.

Mine's at the same mileage and all original. I agree, handles amazing stock. I feel confident int he car stuffing it into a corner. Can't wait to see with new stuff later on.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:10 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I may have an extra set or two of the Bilstein ones that come with the PSS9s. I am leaving in a couple of minutes though to head down to Sebring so no way I can get them there for the weekend.

You guys have NO idea what the car will feel like with new suspension. The fronts have been dead for 60K miles. You just have adjusted to it. Good luck and let me know if I can help.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:53 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check at a motorcycle shop; they are the same style wrench. I got one for $8.00 us.

Quick Reply: Spring perch tool