Sponsored by:

Main handle on RS door, how's it fitted

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
inkyboy911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main handle on RS door, how's it fitted

So I retrimmed my 964 with RS door cards and everything looks good (pics to follow), and I'm looking at whats left to fit, and it seems that there is a main door handle, not the one attached to the lock mechnism, it's in between the pull tag, and the door locking turner, anyway apparently there is holes for this on a official RS door but not a normal door, so how has anyone fitted this?

It seems I've got bolts and nuts for the handle, and on talking to the supplying trimmers it needs to be "punched" into the door to be fitted correctly with a nutsert tool, anyone any other views?

Here's an example of what a nutsert is..

http://www.avdel.textron.com/index.h.../thin_sert.htm
Old 03-13-2006, 06:34 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The RS door pulls attach with an M6 x 25mm bolt, a 6.5mm x 14mm x 1 washer and a 6.1mm x 10.2mm bushing (#999-531-014-02) into the regular C2/C4 doors.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,
If your RS door cards (Southbound ones right ?) are like the Appbiz ones I have then you've got it right. You need to mount the door card to the door then use the holes for the handle as guides and drill through the metal skin of the door. You then use two nut-serts in the holes and bolt the handle on - hey presto. This means that the card itself is well sandwiched between the handle and the door, so when you pull the door shut you are pulling against the metal and not just the card (I have seen some handles simply attached to the cards, and surprise surprise they pull off pretty quickly.) The Appbiz kit that I bought came with all of the bits that I needed, nut-serts included, so all that I needed to do was drill the two holes in the door, which is pretty straightforward. I'd be surprised if Southbound haven't provided you with all of the right bits given teh price they charge !!!!

Jamie

Quick Reply: Main handle on RS door, how's it fitted