Sponsored by:

Tyre pressures....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:40 AM
McJohn
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Paul,

Just to complicate matters ... I have almost new Goodyear Eagle F1's on the back of mine, so I thought that all I would need to do would be to replace the fronts with 205's to match, and Bingo, perhaps that will resolve the tramlining issue.

Guess what? ... Goodyear do not appear to make the Eagle F1 in 205/50 x 17, at least not according to their website, unless anyone out there in RennLand knows better!

McJohn
Old 03-15-2006, 04:33 PM
jeff522
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been following the tire pressure debate with some intrest. To say that X pressure is the right one for Y size tires may not be true. Frist listed inflation pressure as a rule are not the best for performance,thay take into account ride qualaty.Thair are a number of factors which go into the best performance pressure.Side wall stiffness, road surface how soft or sticky a tire is just to name a few.The goal is to have the max contact patch at all times.The more a tire will "roll" in a turn(weak sidewalls sticky compounds tighter turns ect) the higher the pressure will be needed.The pressure should not be so great that it cause loss of contact in the straits.The same applies to the 1/4 mile.The lower pressure is great for traction and a low e.t.,just don't except to turn so great.Trail and error with 2 psi adjustments is a good way to get the best tire pressure for your needs

Quick Reply: Tyre pressures....