CR-1 radio code entry - help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:21 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts
Question CR-1 radio code entry - help!

Hi Guys, I swapped out a weak battery on the car and it made the original CR-1 Alpine radio ask for its secret code to get it back up and running. The screen on the radio said CODE. My code is 55351 - so I thought I'd push the buttons, 55351. Well the word CODE disappeared, it showed numbers as I was entering it in (actually only four of the numbers showed up on the screen), but then nothing happened. My problem is I can't get the word CODE to show up again!

How do I get another chance at entering the code?

And how do you enter the code - do you push button 1 five times to equal the number 5? Or do I press the number five first?

The radio was working perfect before, but now it just lights up, and doesn't ask for the code. I've even killed the battery for a while again, hoping to "reboot" it!

Thanks
Old 02-27-2006, 01:16 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I am surprised - either everyone has upgraded and tossed their CR-1, or they never disconnect their battery!!!

I found the info, so hopefully it's useful to someone else:
The proper codes are 4 digits only.
Simply enter the code using the number buttons on the radio - for example for 3321, just enter 3-3-2-1 on the radio to type in the code. Somewhere on here it said to press #1 three times to get a three - that's not how it works on my unit. Just type in 3-3-2-1 and the radio will come back to life. If you screw it up, there is a built-in timer that forces you to wait. Pressing and holding the AM/FM button will bring back the CODE word on the screen to permit entering the code. If you screw up once, you wait 0 minutes; screw up twice, you have to wait 15 minutes, 3 times you wait 30 minutes, 4 times, 45 minutes, and if you're really lucky, you have to wait 60 minutes before you can re-enter the code if you mess up after 5 times. Pressing the AM/FM button for 2 seconds after the permitted period will allow the code to be re-entered.

Hope this is useful to someone out there with the stock radio! I was surprised it was not in the archives!
Old 05-13-2006, 05:47 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

By the way, if anyone is interested, my CR-1 radio is for sale, including the original Factory amplifier. PM me if anyone's interested!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:15 PM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you enter the code...do you have to press any other buttons. When I enter my code, the numbers just stay on the radio but it doesnt seem to do anything after that?

I'd heard that a person needed to press the up arrow button?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Robert O. Dean
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats your fair market price for your CR-1 radio? I'm interested.

Rob
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 AM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Looking for some help from any CR-1 gurus. The head unit is locked and when calling Porsche they gave me the code of 5357. Here's the problem...there are only 6 preset inputs (1-6). I mentioned this to Porsche service and they said "that's the code we have". Any advice appreciated!

Quick Reply: CR-1 radio code entry - help!