Sponsored by:

DME Location / Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Bangkokian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME Location / Test

I just found a DME "spare" in the car from the previous owner and hope it means I don't have to buy a new spare to carry with me. Does anyone have a picture of where the DME is located? (Pictures are so nice, aren't they?) Also, I'm thinking about swapping the one I found with the existing one to prove if my new find is functioning properly. Any comments?

Thanks

Peter
Old 02-25-2006, 02:59 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 482 Posts

if you mean the DME relay, then it's under the front hood, on the passenger side, in the fuse/relay box. Take off the cover, and you'll see it listed by number on the label on the inside of the cover.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:05 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

The Main Fuse and Relay Panel is located in the boot directly in front of where the driver sits in a RHD car. Take the top off and inside the lid it shows the location of fuses and relays.Youre looking for R41 (stamped on the main panel). Remove it and put in your spare relay and start the car. If it starts, the relay works.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Peter,
If you really mean the DME , take a look under the LH seat , passenger side ??

Good luck with your 964 .

Geoff
Old 02-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Bangkokian
Instructor

Oops, I meant the DME relay. so I'm understanding that it is in the fuse and relay panel, in front of my drivers position on the RHD. Was confused when reading the numerous posts about people with DME problems and didn't realize they were talking about both a DME Relay and DME, being two different things. Some posts discussed various running problems because of a faulty DME, and read about engines not starting with a faulty DME relay. Assuming they were one in the same, I wasn't sure that simply replacing the existing one with a spare and the engine started would prove it was working properly.

Thanks for the free lesson.

Peter

Quick Reply: DME Location / Test