964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

money pit! your running costs

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 11:19 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

iandavidcassidy,
The advantage with Dave’s 911/964 is that, not only it’s available for the spring. But it’s a tried and tested product known already to the Porsche Community, there is no mystery factor and that perhaps has more value then the shine of the paint colour..... Think about that aspect.....
These are my thoughts only.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
iandavidcassidy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scary that he's needed to spend 20k on it, but maybe thats a good thing for me?
dave - are there anythings that need to be sorted on it?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think "needed" to spend £20K is probably not accurate. Part of the danger of these cars is that in addition to the cost of fixing them, there's the cost of all the stuff you didn't really need..... The RUF suspension was about £2.5K for example. And I was unlucky in that I had to replace a steering rack and 13 months later (when it was out of warranty by one month) had to replace it again, and that's not a cheap repair. Also had a braking problem which I think cost me about £1500 at one dealer, to be finally fixed by another one for £100.

Things that need to be sorted :

Air con doesn't work (hasn't properly since I bought the car. Leaks somewhere).
Wheels need a refurb (I bought the set for £100 and have meaning to get them done for the last 4 years but never got around to it).
Can't think of anything else. Clutch hasn't been replaced since I've had the car and is pretty heavy - but it's been like that for the past 5 years and doesn't slip so I've got used to it.

Can't think of anything else.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
iandavidcassidy
Track Day

if i sell my slk i'll be straight back to you!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
leosayer
Racer

In 3.5 years I've spent £4,500 excluding insurance and petrol.

More than half of that was spent on a replacement targa roof (don't ask) and then getting it re-covered, plus a new clutch.

I'm still debating whether to invest in a suspension upgrade or to buy a coupe instead, as I'm not getting the roof off as much as I expected.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

In four years, I've spent about $5000, all but the cab motors and cables in the first 6 months. I've hardly spent a dime over the last 2 years, but I only drive it about 3k a year.

Although, I did put in an order with automotion for a bunch of stuff, little switches, bolts, bobbles and $220 for my new ET taillight (thanks, son).

Quick Reply: money pit! your running costs