Sponsored by:

European Porsche vacation and Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question European Porsche vacation and Insurance

two unrelated topics. I am planning a trip to Europe in the next 18 months and would like to lease a Porsche for two weeks to travel western europe. Anyone know a contact that does this in Europe without costing a fortune. I know getting a Mercedes is easily accessible.

Secod topic. For you track guys, does your street auto insurance cover your car when it is on the track or do you need special coverage and at what cost.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Don,

I can't answer your first question but, for track insurance, I went with these guys (no affil.).

Ended up costing about $100/day on the track and I'm glad I have not had to use it yet.

Marc
Old 12-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Don,
You cannot lease a Porsche for 2-weeks. You can rent one (depending on the season) and it is going to cost you a lot of money.
Seeing as you are looking at 18 months there is no point trying to give you figures because they will change. Just do an internet search. The company I use in the UK charge a basic fee of £1500 per week. Then there are some additions on top of that in the insurance deductible areas.
I know there was a 1973 911RS available for £400 per day plus insurance.
A little tip as well when renting, read the fine print. I discovered last time that damage to the roof is no longer covered (unless you roll over) by the insurance.
Also keep in mind that fuel costs are considerably higher over here and in England they are really high.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:18 AM
leosayer
Racer

You might be able to make an arrangement with a rennlister for the two weeks???

Provided you cover insurance and the cost of any repairs on the road.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:00 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info on insurance Mark, that will work for me. As for renting a Porsche in Europe, looks like I'm going to be driving a mini-cooper or taking the eurorail. $2000 a week is too rich for my blood. I 'll spend the difference on food and wine. I would also hate to rent a rennlister's and then something happens to it. Thanks for the feedback
Old 12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
A4
Instructor

Don,
Where are you flying into? I've rented in Europe a bunch and for short termers just rent from Hertz. I've had good luck and prices in Italy, France, UK Spain, and Germany.

But if you are landing in France and want to to rent for two weeks, check out the Peugeot long term rental program. Brand new factory cars:

Autofrance .net

Forget the trains! Car rental is the way to go to see what you want when you want!

Also, don't forget to hit the nuerburgring
Old 12-31-2005, 12:31 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Don,

I read an article last night in the latest edition of GT/Purely Porsche about a guy who rented a 997 S for a week's vacation.
He referenced www.avis.de.

My German is weak, but see here.

Marc
Old 12-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Sten
Pro

Rough translations:-
Preis/Tag - Price/Day

Alle Preise sind inklusive Versicherung (CDW/TP), Zulassungs-gebühr und 16% Mehrwertsteuer.
Gültig von Mo-Do - all prices include Insurance CDW and tax at 16%, valid Monday to Thursday

Kilometer inklusive/Preis pro Zusatz-Kilometer - included kilometers, price per extra kilometer

Preis/Wochenende* und gleichzeitig Tagespreis am Wochenende - price for the weekend

Wochenende von Freitag 12.00 Uhr bis Montag 12.00 Uhr - weekend is Friday 12:00 until Monday 12:00

Quick Reply: European Porsche vacation and Insurance