Sponsored by:

Door Lock Problems and Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slightly different unlock problem

I've read a multitude of door lock threads today and this, one of the biggest threads on the subject, gives me a lot of ideas to look at. However, my own problem with locking/unlocking seems slightly different:

1. The car locks easily and firmly using the remote. All the time. Every time. And stays locked.
2. When I use the remote to unlock, it partially unlocks (I hear it try to actuate the locks) but I have to use the key to complete the opening of the door and then once inside open the other door with the ****.
3. Occassionally, to confuse the issue, it will fully unlock on first try. Lock the car again and try opening after a few seconds and I'll be back to having to use the key to complete the unlock.

Anyone else had this particular problem?

Other information
1. Locking/unlocking used to work perfectly. The issue appeared after I tried to unlock the car when it was frozen.
2. Alarm always arms and disarms
3. Battery is strong and fully charged. Remote batteries are new and fuse 12 is good.
4. Car is RHD so I'm using the key on the right door to open it.

At the moment I'm thinking I may have the opposite problem to what DFinnegan had i.e. my actuators are set too high. But I see from this and other threads that I might need to look at microswitches in the handles.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:30 AM
jacslater
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that good with fixing cars but I had the same problem and I got a locksmith to fix it. They did a great job with it thank god.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:49 AM
lewfletch
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem. Whatever I do, I cannot lock the doors with the key. Seeing as I have little to no knowledge in fixing cars, I had to take it to someone to get fixed. I got this lock repair guy to fix it and he told me it had something to do with the actuator.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Problems and Question