Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Monday; what have you learned??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 10:49 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indy, here's my avatar from the boating forums I frequent. Not at my home computy w/picts. I take the green one to Florida, and I am 'between' boats on the larger stuff, shopping for a 31 Fountain CC at the moment.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:57 AM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned that it is probably wiser to buy a distributor vent kit than trying to put one together from Canadian Tire. Got that out of the way but will still need the belt checked and probably replaced this spring. It has 58K on it without the vent and I don't know if the belt was replaced. I disengaged the primary ignition and the car started fine on the secondary so at least the belt is still in tact. Is it expensive to inspect and replace the belt.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don... I've learned that the more I look at your rims the more I want a set! They look great on your car!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:02 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SNOWBIRD
Indy, here's my avatar from the boating forums I frequent. Not at my home computy w/picts. I take the green one to Florida, and I am 'between' boats on the larger stuff, shopping for a 31 Fountain CC at the moment.
I think you should take us Florida guys on a Stuart kingfishing or Wahoo trip when you get back down here
Old 12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Syd B.
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 339 Posts

I learned that if you take a strong laxitive and you are near a pay toilet, you had better have change for a buck in your pocket.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:30 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Syd B.
I learned that if you take a strong laxitive and you are near a pay toilet, you had better have change for a buck in your pocket.
I've (just) learned that it is possible to have too much information.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Syd B. You have a strange sense of humor, have to luv it. Rick, thanks for the wheel compliment, they came with the car. Everytime I see your machine, I want to spend more money on mine. I keep showing my girlfriend yours and others and all she says is " It's going to cost what!!!"
JimQ, one of these days we should set up a week long gathering for interested 964 rennlist members without the cars if you like to fish. Ever been to Ambergrisecaye off of Belize. Great place to sun, party and the tarpon and bonefishing is second to none. 2 hour flight from Houston. Opps, got of topic. Let's see, I learned this weekend how much wine it takes my girlfriend to go from" in the mood" to comotose!
Old 12-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by last toy
I learned this weekend how much wine it takes my girlfriend to go from" in the mood" to comotose!
Um....which were you aiming for?

Marc
Old 12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hiya SNOWBIRD
I had my mind set on a boat , ebay #4597412099 , but they went and sold it before the end of the auction .
Old 12-15-2005, 03:21 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Indycam
Hiya SNOWBIRD
I had my mind set on a boat , ebay #4597412099 , but they went and sold it before the end of the auction .
Gee Indy For a few beers and expenses i could have picked it up in Tampa and had a cruse thru the Panama Canal and the Baha to deliver it to ya. Just returning the favor for all you generous offers to others you have made
Old 12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Hiya jimq
Beers are a given , expenses = shared , the canal and baha , yes , you having all the fun without me , noooooooo .
Old 12-15-2005, 03:47 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

You're funny Mark, I'm not that old yet! When I am that old and too lame to drive a P-car then I guess I'll also be too lame for other things as well. Stay young.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
grankin
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimq
Gee Indy For a few beers and expenses i could have picked it up in Tampa and had a cruse thru the Panama Canal and the Baha to deliver it to ya. Just returning the favor for all you generous offers to others you have made
"Panama Canal?!" Only wimps and wussies use the Canal. Go the Man's Way and (1) you get to wear an earring and (2) you acquire the right (and, I hope, the ability) to **** to wind'ard.

I'm helping to bring a Stevens 50 across from the Med soonish, and have advised them that I'll help 'em bring the boat around to San Francisco only if they go the correct way. I want my earring, damnit!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Snowbird, is that a Boston Whaler on the left?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Hiya Grankin
So do you have what it takes to drive a house boat that is only rated for calm intercostal waterways ,
round the hard way ?
When the thing is heeled all the way over and the freeboard looks more like a keel , you will be thinking fondly of the canal .

My fathers father died at sea , my great uncle went down with the titanic . My uncle had his own boats in the navy . I think I've got nuff saltwater in my veins that , no need an earring .

Ever read Slocum ?

"Mr Harry John Ide, 32, was born in Hampshire.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 114 Lyon Street, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic.
Ide died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified."

Quick Reply: It's Monday; what have you learned??