Sponsored by:

It's Monday; what have you learned??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hiya Snowbird
I guess the guy at systemsc will be able to tell you every last detail about what will and will not work . If you look back at his posts on fuel injection systems etc , his depth of knowledge is , I don't know what the right word is , Deep ? Vast ? Vastly deep , Deeply vast ?

The guy
Lorenfb
Addict
Site Sponsor
Rennlist Member
Old 12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

I learned that the stupid Department of Motor Vehicles isnt open today after driving over there. Is it some sort of State holliday or something???
Old 12-13-2005, 05:28 AM
seaeagle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learnt despite having not paid sufficient attention on purchase and relying solely on a PPI, that the previous owner for 3 + years had kept receipts for many signficant items discucssed on this forum.He was very kind and let me copy them 6 mths after purchase. I now have a complete log book supported by detailed reciepts back to early 02 which includes a top end rebuild, performance chip (which I did not even know about !), exhaust by pass (ditto), regular servicing various replacements etc. etc. and 124km's (say 85K miles). No wonder I love this car! Surely this must assit resale whenever I decide to.

I also learnt I must be more careful (as i got lucky this time) on the next (ie my 2nd) porcshe I buy whenever I do - i am looking for a 94-95 928GTS manual for the wife - hard to get in these parts.

Sea Eagle
Old 12-13-2005, 06:11 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

This photo shows the, Original Porsche Service Books, with every inspection stamped and dated, the Owner's Manuals and, every single Service and Parts Invoice from 1991 to date and, The Touring Pass for drives of interest during the summer months of 1991 in Germany..But, the most amazing item is the, Original Porsche Pen that was given to the first owneress when taking delivery in, "Stuttgart, July 1991",..And you know what, the pen still writes today and I have it in the tool kit. Prove the pedigree and you’re half way there, remember for the next time, check things out,. Not everyone is as honest as you!!.. Merry Xmas, all the best,; Marc
Old 12-13-2005, 08:35 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

"Hello hawk 911",.. While on my one hour per day rejuvenating walk, believe or not, I started thinking about you,. Why?.. Because I’ve seen your Porsche 911/964, your house, a very sombre picture of,. Man and his 911/964, you speak often of your Wife, elder Son and 911.5 to be. I admire you for being always honest and impartial but, while walking I stared to think,. Where is Wisconsin?.. Where does this guy live and freeze so much?.. I have been away from the USA, for so long I had to look your State, up on a map,. Now I understand the cold Winters and the shutting downs of convertible tops that you have to live under instead,. I have memories of my youth in Montreal, Que. Another place where the summer's, are short and warm and the winter's, long and cold,. Hang in there, soon spring will be knocking on your garage door!!.. This is a photograph from my Sunday past,. If you close your eyes a little, could you not swear that, Porsche 911/964, is a Beautiful Black Cabriolet on a mid summer’s day,. I thought so!!.. I ask myself everyday what, if anything, have I learnt from the day,. Well, today I caught up on thirty plus years of forgotten geography, I once again know where Bart Starr played football, that I remember as if it were yesterday...What a treat it was watch, Vince and The Pack,.. ahh...Memories,. Thanks for the opportunity to blabber some more... Marc.
Did you know that I played at, Montreal High School, we were the City Champs!!..1963-1964..

Last edited by MARC A. 964 C4; 12-13-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have learned that if you book a return flight with BA, but then don't use the outbound flight then they will automatically cancel the return flight. I have learned that I therefore have to cancel my non-refundable flight in December, and only get the taxes back. I have learned that because we are now nearer to the flight dates, booking just a one way flight back now costs me much more.

I have learned that having decided to fly to Cannes one day earlier yesterday (and hence booking a new outbound flight) is actually going to cost me an absolute fortune. And I am not happy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Hiya DaveK
I really dislike the way airlines do what they do . I've been in your position many times .
They offer nothing in return for your money .
Old 12-14-2005, 06:50 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Here's the even better bit :

My girlfriend will move over from France in Feb - and we haven't decided on the best way to do that yet. She has a dog - so either I can hire a people carrier, drive down and collect her, the dog and some of her stuff or we can fly back (with dog) and send her stuff back separately (there isn't all that much).

Only some airlines seem to fly animals. BA will do it - on a single flight each day Mon to Fri only. Cost for us to fly on that flight : 87 Euros each. Cost for dog to travel on that flight : 650 Euros. I guess that would be doggie first class!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:22 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

(As I sent my photographs to you on two different threads yesterday, pls allow me two post here as well, I do this for good order's sake. Still can't operate the quote system, old dog, new trick stuff...)

hawk 911...
Earlier I was labelled the "Highjacker" at John’s poster sales offering, and now the "Thread Stealer" because I wished you and your family a little, "Sunshine and Holiday Spirits". I actually offered you a photograph depicting your Porsche during a" Mid Summer’s Day" to warm your soul. One question, if this is not asking too much? Why do you start so many threads if you don’t want conversation? I can talk Porsche all day, you must see that, but according to your highly respected standards on this 911/964 chapter, my form of Porsche Passion is deemed, "PERSONA NON GRATA"... Are you sure there’s not a double standard here? On the other hand, why are you not held to the same stringent controls, and why should you be? This is a Porsche Forum, for the most part we’re adults, never an obscenity spoken and I respect it for that. I thought, adding some colour and a few photographs to my posts would be welcomed. Photographs speak for themselves. I sincerely hope that you never encounter tragedy Hawk 911... I have... It’s amazing how trivial stupidities are put into the right prospective after... BTW, did you enjoy my photograph? That was a gift, better you should learn this weekend, how to say, "Thank you", then post your revelations on Monday next...You know what, there’s no hard feelings hawk 911, let’s just call this a lover’s quarrel. You and I should be above all this, maybe I'm wrong? All the best to the hawk Family, from us here,. Jutta Chris Marc.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:24 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Marc, this is not intended to get personal, but usually when people start a thread, it's to resolve a problem. You seem to respond with anecdote, rather than a resolution. If we were sitting at a bar/coffee shop/pub/winery, then I'd welcome the chance to talk trivialities all day long, but when I post I seek resolution. You certainly have enthusiasm for the Porsche line, and add a perspective others may not have; the forum community needs all spectrums. I guess my personal wish is to try keeping the chat to the off-topic board, and relevant posts to the appropriate boards.

No hard feelings either, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay... I should probably leave well enough alone and let someone/everyone else jump in here but as usual, when I get riled, I can't keep my big, fat mouth shut!

Marc, we're sort of like a family around here. As with any extended family, there are mostly nice, well-meaning members, a few colorful members and then the blacksheep. (I'm not sure which one of the last two categories I fit into!) I've been seeing this rift coming for a while as others have. While you do bring sort of "A Breath of Fresh Air" to the board, you owe it to yourself and others to Google "Internet Etiquette" and/or "Internet Forum Etiquette." Most member's posts around here are asking for help or advice. Others will post tutorials on how to do something that others may want to try instead of paying money to a repair facility... Or how to do modifications. (Let's not get into the last one!) And yes, there are a few off topic threads. While we know that all of your input is truly heart-felt, some posts should be posted in the OT (Off Topic) portion of this website. Some of the posts you have written, though meaning well and offering, "All the Best," are still considered rude behavior on an Internet forum. Certainly that is the case with the prior post here. You have already posted your thoughts about this in another thread and now you post the same, exact thing again to get your point across. Well... I think you have! And while I'm thinking about it... Perhaps you should look up Hawk's website and see the X-Rays of his brush with death and then you might consider an apology to him!

When someone posts a new topic here... Watch it for a while. Most other posters will offer their input on the issue at hand and stay on topic. Yes, there are a few that do shoot off into another direction but for the most part, we try to stay on topic here. I hope that you accept these words with the spirit with which they are intended.

EDIT - My apologies for being off topic here... I didn't mention anything I have learned... Perhaps I should learn patience.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Family traditions are very special, without them we’re back into the caves drawing Porsches, on the mountain sides. With a greater respect to you. I can only say it’s been fun. I regret Rick that you did not tell me sooner, but at least you did today. I had no idea there was so much animosity because of my short comings in, "Internet Etiquette"(?)... Something new everyday, I hope to forget this little message by tomorrow. "Thanks Guys and good luck". Enjoy your Porsche 911/964, more then the politics of absurdity. Sometimes a good drive can get you back onto the right track. Check it out.
PS. And once again, have some Great Holidays.....
Old 12-14-2005, 01:26 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Originally Posted by Indycam
Hiya Snowbird
You can send the unit out for repair .
http://www.systemsc.com/
Indy, Thanks for that tip! Talked with Loren, $375 exchange! Thats about 1/4 of some quotes I managed to get.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Hiya Snowbird
Cool , I've earned my good deed beer for today .

What did he say about driving the car without the thing ?

What kinda boat do you have in FL ? hint hint .
Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MARC A. 964 C4
I hope to forget this little message by tomorrow.
Marc, please don't...as I think that is perhaps half of the problem here.

I don't think there is any "animosity" whatsoever ...simply frustration at the subtle (and not so subtle) nudges not making any impact.

Also just to add (while I'm ) that this is the friendliest and most supportive community you will find anywhere! I have had 'listers do me some enormously kind turns and been blown away by the kindness and spirit exhibited. The people I have been lucky enough to meet away from the boards have been really wonderful people. This is all the more reason imho to use the exact same judgement when it comes to social interactions online as you would offline.

Last edited by Kahdmus; 12-14-2005 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Monday; what have you learned??