Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So there's this Red 964 C4 in my neighborhood in Chicago...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:41 PM
RallyDogRacing
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So there's this Red 964 C4 in my neighborhood in Chicago...

Just checking to see if the owner of this red machine is on the RennList. I've seen if a couple times when the owner is driving it, and I'm out walking the pooch. Anyway that makes 3 964's: my silver C4, my house mate's newly aquired black C2, and now this red C4 all within litterally two blocks.

So if the owner of the red C4 (still with temp plates as of Dec 1) on N Paulina Street, a little north of Addison in Chicago is on the list - give a shout man!

Last edited by RallyDogRacing; 12-01-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Lefty's Deceiver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RallyDog,

We should get together for a pint. We have another C4 (friend of mine) and I'm looking (had a RS America and sold it - don't ask). I race a 74 Euro Carrera in PCA E.

Tristan
Old 12-03-2005, 05:38 PM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Tristan,

I hope I'm not too far off topic here.

I am assuming you have some regrets in selling your RSA? I am sorry to say that I currently have mine for sale. I'm really struggling with the decision to sell it and I'm worried that I am going to feel the same way and will be writing the same once it's gone and I realize what I've done. It's a dedicated concourse winner, something you don't see too often with RSA's. This summer due to my travel schedule I really didn't use the car like I should have. In addition, I'm thinking about D.E. in the next couple years and this one is just too nice to take to the track. It's a San Diego car that has never even been in the rain. Do you think I'm making a mistake?

JRoss
Old 12-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Lefty's Deceiver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JR,

No, don't regret selling the RSA only because I want a 964 race car and for $10k less I could have a regular C2 that I can turn into a race car. It was a very nice car though.

DE is great, racing is even better. I've had a lot of fun racing my 74 911 but I want to get a F class car to race with my friends. We all buy cars for different reasons. Certainly some folks like to have a concours car and enjoy that aspect of it. I prefer driving them and driving them as hard as I can. If your intention is to get into DE and learn how to really drive, then you should probably sell the RSA because your cost basis is probably out of whack with the performance levels of a similar 964 C2. In other words, you could sell your RSA, never regret it, and buy a stock C2 all the time pocketing the difference.

Is yours the silver one on RSAmerica.net?

T
Old 12-04-2005, 12:05 PM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Tristan,

Yes, my car is the Polar Silver car on RSAmerica.net. I was originally looking for an RSA for the occasional track day, as I have spent quite a bit of time on the track at Roebling Road, Road Atlanta and a couple times at Road America with my earlier 911 and a WRX STI - never with the RSA.

I am very meticulous when it comes to physical condition and when I saw this car in San Diego four years ago I had to have it. It was the right color, it had never been in the rain and was as new. It wasn't for sale and I talked the owner into selling it as it was everything I always wanted in an RSA. The drawback was I later realized there was NO way I was going to take it to the track, which as an RSA makes it even more rare.

I'm not sure what the next step will be, all I know is December in Chicago is a tough time to sell!

JRoss

Quick Reply: So there's this Red 964 C4 in my neighborhood in Chicago...