Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OKAY SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS AND MAYBE A FEW WORDS FROM THE HEART,..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
DustinTarditi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a picture of my wife, Cheryl, and I in front of our summer house... er... OK, it's the Biltmore Estate.

We live in Raleigh, NC and have no kids, but our neurotic (aren't they all?) cat (russian blue? pound kitty) and whako dog (retired racing Greyhound) keep us busy enough. We've been married 10 years, together for 15.

I'm a 35 year-old web applications developer by trade, and enjoy playing XBox and computer games when I'm not tinkering with my cars or doing some sort of home improvement project. I'm a hack artist with no particular medium preference - sketches are really my best venue though. I am also cursed with a deep appreciation for music with barely any talent for it at all...

I used to be really into 4x4 driving, and owned a couple of Jeeps and a Hummer, but I needed a break and decided to get the car I've wanted as long as I can remember - a 911.

I picked up a great mid-year 1974 Targa as my first. Great car! Lots of fun and an extremely easy car to drive (once you get used to it).
Then I decided I needed something suitable as a daily driver and added a MINI Cooper S to the fleet. It was a great car, but nothing like a 911. I sold the MINI and got a 1990 Carrera 4. This car is exactly what I needed - fun when you want some spirited driving, decent (enough for me) A/C and heat as a DD, good driver car. I still have the 74 Targa (on consignment) and wish I could keep her, but I can't justify 2 Porsches at this precise point in my life... maybe someday, but not right now.

My favorite beer is Yeungling, I like Pink Floyd, ELO, and Jethro Tull, but also jam to KISS, Iron Maiden (old Bruce Dickenson stuff) Disturbed and the Black Eyed Peas... Alan Parsons Project, Enya and Yanni are some of my favorite soft-side artists... Mozart and Beethoven rule the classics.

That's probably enough detail to bore anyone... so cheers!

[Note the chic PCA Oktoberfest t-shirt!]
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
stuart1997
Instructor

Heres Me (Stuart),my wife kids and mum on holiday a few months ago.
Getting to look pretty grey now-just had my 41st birthday.
I love my 964 but have a nagging doubt its a mid-life crisis type of thing
Im a fad driven person-put my everything into something then get bored and move on;its forums like this and the odd get together that keeps my enthusiam up!
I have to admit to being sometimes tempted by cheaper to maintain more powerful newer performance cars m3`s scooby`s even looked at afew tvr`s on autotrader.
But when i think about it the 911 is a work of art and pretty uncommon.
There are three 911`s in my area including mine all are cobalt blue !-mine ,pestys and a cobalt blue cab up the road from me(and i thought it was an unusual colour).
Dealing with a couple of rust spots on mine at the moment-looks ugly but should be ok when the paints on,just gone in garage and noticed got a flat rear tyre only a minor prob but bugs me nonetheless.
Enough said got to get things ready for the morning-breakfast meeting at work followed by a few calls in aberyswth-shame i cant use the p-car some nice roads in the mountains.
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2005, 07:35 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

3 Orlando Florida Rennlisters. I am the old one on the right

Old 11-29-2005, 09:28 PM
bzh on the loose
Advanced

Hello johnny G pipe!

Wasn't that picture featured in a GT purely porsche couple of month ago???
Old 11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pre 964 pictures of me, my son and Duke (RIP) are at http://www.whitteridge.org
(I really need to re-do the pictures with all 3 P-cars.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

At the Fillmore East, June 1971, Frank Zappa* and the M/O/Invention, were in concert for us, the lucky audience. Frank Zappa* was trying to conduct an, "Under garment clothing collection", to make a world-wide assembled quilt. ""Trust me"", he said, but still with out the participation of everyone. ""Maybe this audience is too sophisticated?"" Within seconds, off with the bras, panties, underpants! And some of the conditions and colours of those "undies", that were passed upstage, well you can only imagine, but the ice had been broken, everyone was liberated, and the best rock/spectacle I’ve ever seen!. Don’t be shy or too sophisticated, "Hey Christer, You are not at all what I was expecting, nice to meet you, I was really wrong, you look great Man!!" A Friend wrote yesterday,. "where’s all the Americans, how come no pictures?" Frank Zappa* once told his audience, ""Some of you may think you’re handsome or maybe even pretty, but just remember,.. There’s a lot more of us ugly M.F.’s in this world then you!!,...yeah!!"",... To everyone, thanks for showing up, nice to put the "mug to the car!!"..More and more, I enjoy writing you, I know you now, and others are meeting you for the first time,.. BTW, Alpina I would like you to meet,......
*RIP.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 AM
Hambisa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here I am with my five year-old pixie, Kaylan, who loves to ride in the 964 as much as I do!
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2005, 03:36 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Nice to finally meet one of the, "older guys" we go back a little longer, Obvious by our hair cuts and our grand prix white 911/964’s! Thanks for participating, your Daughter is going to break a lot of hearts, but never yours,.. Nice work, even if her Mom, helped a little,.. Thanks, Marc
Old 11-30-2005, 03:59 AM
robbed666
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT FZ "The Man"

Marc A, A fellow Frank Zappa fan !!, He was/is the greatest! A great loss.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Rob, is that you from cardomain.com? The guy that set me straight on the "photoshop" wheels, if so? Zappa was the BEST, and so are you! Even, if wrong, and it's not you, we're correct in our, cars and music, not bad!! Hey, send us a pic, THEN, I'll tell you for sure!!,...Marc
Old 11-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

This is me during my G-pipe install. I'd just been brought a well needed cuppa tea...

Old 11-30-2005, 06:03 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Hey Greg, I feel I know you so well ! That's it, John's 964 Porsche site, great photo, both of them, "cheers mate",..Thank Heaven the Brits are sending in photos, I'm down south, if ever,... Marc
Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

What I may be doing when not driving the P.

c
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Marc:

Sorry to hear about your fall. My wife and I are runners. We run everywhere we visit. Last year we went to Italy for two weeks. After being in the country just 10 hours I had broken my foot...yes, a bit of Moretti was involved. Thought my days of pain-free running were over. Nope, enjoyed a run in the snow this morning. Marc, keep your chin up, things have a way working themselves out.

This is slef-shot photo of Lilly and I.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:55 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Hey Rob, Thanks for not only reading but feeling for me, that’s super kind of you. I walked today for my one hour, a-kind-of-moon-walk-sort-of-shuffle around here with my buddies, who live inside my MP3. It’s not until things go wrong, that you actually realize how things were not thought of when right, (did that make sense?). I guess it’s like breaking that favourite, number one watch? So how did you like Italy, the North Eastern Lagos, are my second home, I love to drive my 911/964 there!. On the lake, early morning, into Switzerland for lunch (buy a new watch), return to the Hotel, and a swim in the lake. A cold sunset coloured, Campari/Orange,. If ever, Lago Maggiore, lower Italian Alps,..I’ll meet you there!! And, I’ll race you around the lake, loser buys dinner,, Thanks for your thoughts. Beautiful Family you have, yeah okay, take them with you,.. Hey, ciao,.. Marco.A

Quick Reply: OKAY SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS AND MAYBE A FEW WORDS FROM THE HEART,..