Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Monday; what have you learned??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:18 PM
RallyDogRacing
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned that driving my brother around to various car dealerships in Dubuque, IA in the C4 on a snowy/icy day earned us a TON of respect from every dealer we visited. The C4 on Michellin Pilot all-season's was not fun on the ice in a stopping sense - I can't wait for my Nokian RSi's to show up.

I learned that whilst the Subaru STi is bags of fun, the best bang-for-buck in an AWD platform turned out to be the Subaru Legacy GT (2.5L turbo). @ $26k pricing for a black on black 2006 model, it's a stunning performer. My bro bought it, and his kids like it more than my Porsche (for now).

I learned that my home-made rear-seat-delete *** doggie-platform is plenty big for my pooch and only took me 4hrs to build. Looks nice too.

I learned that occasionally my cruise control won't engage, but a restart of the car solves the problem, as does waiting to try it again about 15mins.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I learned that you shouldnt get off a plane and go straight to the office after vacation. Now i am gonna be stuck here doing a proposal
Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also learned man is not all bad; the "punk" iI thought rooked me on the strut brace sent me a letter and my money back. I'm shipping the brace back to him to deal with, but hopefully Racing dynamics will tell us exactly what kind it is so he can sell it easier.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Hawk911, thanks for asking. I learnt that in spite of all efforts, the years are rolling on! My posted photos of Yacht restoration, taken in the mid 1990’s by my visiting wife and son, one Sunday in Marseille, confirms this premise of my aging, but gracefully I Hope! Years ago a friend from my wife’s office, a man in is mid 70’s, totalled out his pride and joy, a Porsche 2.2 ltr 911 T, which he had owned for a quarter of a century. He was shattered by grief and sadness, and stopped driving completely. It was not because of poverty that he did not replace and start all over,.. For him, he had killed his best friend, and could not accept life without his Porsche 911 T. He aged very quickly but is still alive. In my soon to be in my fourth year, I find myself on the same trajectory with my 911/964,.. I hope the future will continue in its generosity in giving Alpina, and myself that special friendship that is a one-off occurrence in life,..And that’s what I thought about these last couple of days, as the healing continues and I'm now walking 1 hour per day,..One-off Friendships,..
BTW, your photo is spot on! A little serious, nothing excessive, to the point, big heart, and proud to be. No wonder we have the same cab. 911/964’s,.. It’s nice to meet you!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:10 AM
bwoodry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisse from wheels , tires Bearings??

I Learnded that the noise I am hearing from the wheels is not bearings but rally poor tires with cupping. I removed the tirese and wheels and substituted tires from another car,, the noise dissapeared. So this is good news, no need to replace bearings!!

Quick Reply: It's Monday; what have you learned??